Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krife

Family and awakening

5 posts in this topic

Any advice on dealing with family and awakening? Mine is deeply unconscious, with a victim mentality paradigm. I want to leave them. Dad is batshit crazy and my mother is so self absorbed and narcissistic. I’m terrified where I came from. 

The thought of leaving them seems so extreme but I can now see just how misaligned with Truth they are. If I don’t leave it’s like I’m just swimming in my families bullshit that only generates toxic codependent games and outcomes. I’m still a bit fragile in this work, so makes sense I can be easily triggered still. 

How have some of you navigated awakening and family life?

It's been extremely challenging. Everyone's case is unique but there are similarities. The main thing is that your "inner child" (or ego) might mentally emotionally feel like an orphan with parents that are more a drain, and have to find ways to support yourself/growth. You may have to get good at creating boundaries in order to grow in the direction of greater consciousness.

Mine have a vague idea that I'm into spirituality/metaphysics (as I sometimes share things that might be accessible to them), but no idea the full extent of it as they aren't ready. Things they might be interested (that would be a gift for most people) especially as they get older or face health issues is you could share things about an idea of an eternal life. I usually don't "preach" and just share resources from time to time and give them the space to browse if they wished (as my words are not treated with respect the same way lol).

You are their teacher now, even if they can't/won't acknowledge this yet. Internally you know you are. A good guide meets others where they're at. But if you need time and space for healing do that first before trying to guide them. You have to learn to be smart about what might be safe to share and what is not safe. And they are your teacher in the sense that you can later practice forgiveness and seeing the God in them (when you're ready). Likely they'll be some of the more challenging people for you to fully forgive and see the God within, but it's a possibility for you.

One thing to really accept that might help you is that your "biological age" has little to do with your "spiritual age" (relative to others), meaning you can be born with a relatively more mature mind than your parents. (This had to happen to "some of us" if you just take into account how infinity and chance works, let alone higher will).

In the mean time all I could do is create some distance and remain available if that makes sense. I had been in and out of different therapists for support. I had studied things like narcissism and intergenerational trauma. I had followed guidance from healers. And best of all, you will be given help in your consciousness.

The hardest parts were detaching myself from the entanglement, to break out of the mold of them only seeing me as their child and that I might have anything valuable to teach them, and my assigned gender and culture which would be highly taboo to be highly spiritual/questioning reality and essentially abandoning the "expected human life". That's also why much of it is still kept away from others "in my life". But it's all slowly happening according to plan - the plan that is beyond any finite self. 

And finally, one day you can find appreciation for the darkness you experienced so as to experience the light (and more).

Feel free to message me if you are looking for support/resources I'm happy to share some your way.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

3 hours ago, Krife said:

How have some of you navigated awakening and family life?

For me there was a desire to leave my family too and go live in the woods somewhere but I did stay. That's something I'm very grateful for today because they do give me great joy to be around. I think that for a time after an awakening I tended to get very easily triggered and it hurt so much. As I worked through those triggers they weren't much of an issue. I had the tendency to try to "protect" myself from triggers but what I really protected was the part of me that hadn't already awakened.

let them batter and bruise you all they want, it is an ego being pummelled, you are here to watch with bemusement such an unfolding and at least for me with flesh and blood you have no choice than to do so, a bitter pull yes but the awakening payout is considerable ... your mileage may vary of course but this proved the case for me