Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Majed

advices for self actualization for someone starting out in a third world country

6 posts in this topic

so basically i live in lebanon with stage blue fundamentalist parents. and i notice that self actualization looks different when you start out in that environment, i tried to go vegan it didn't work, i've tried pick up, it didn't work. and the root reason i would say is ununderstanding parents as well as money issues. like i would expect that if you live comfortably in the west, your parents should be understandable for your desire to better your diet, as well as your dating skills. however in my case it isn't. so i failed twice because of that. now i'm not here to play the victim, i just want some insights from yall on how to deal with this situation in a wise way. how can i get out and get my finances handeled as well as what do you think i should work on first. 

Brazillian here.

Isolation is your friend. Get away from the usual human bullshit, aka every toxic influence in your life.

MOVE as soon as possible. I guess every country has at least a few places that are more "elevated". For instance, here in Brazil, we can find small villages deep into the country that have a calmer nature, way less third world problems like murder and criminal activity in general.

I am going to live in such place soon in order to imerse myself in my self-development work.

I just need internet and books.

Don't be afraid to be alone, you will be much more fullfiled this way. 

I am from India which admittedly doesn't have it as bad as some other third world countries depending on which state you live in. But I'd still advice isolation as suggested by an user above. This is because from personal experience I can tell you that I would have never gotten into spirituality or even self-help before I turned 25 (I am 18), if it weren't for me becoming isolated and living alone for a while due to certain legal conditions. Typical third world country household is much more restrictive. Your elders have massive influence over your decisions and life. So it'd make sense for you to distance yourself to pursue further work. Getting financially independent is also important. You don't have to become a millionaire or some passive income god, just good enough so you can live relatively well on your own. This is just what I personally plan to do, this isn't verified by experience.

On 09/03/2023 at 0:29 PM, CARDOZZO said:

@Recursoinominado What’s up bro! ??

I’m living on Rio Grande do Sul.

Which state do you live? 

I am from Bahia, born and raised in Bahia's capital, Salvador.

After my spiritual awakening (not enlightenment), living in a big city like Salvador became unbearable, i now live in Chapada Diamantina, surrounded by nature, which is nice.

@Recursoinominado

On 11/03/2023 at 8:57 AM, Recursoinominado said:

i now live in Chapada Diamantina, surrounded by nature, which is nice.

Great place! :D