Free Spirit

To Be Or Not To Be Vegetarian

46 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Gmork said:

Make sure you understand biology of humans before you go into any diet. For example you need right amount of omega-3s and omega-6s and vegan diet is commonly known for bad proportion of those. So take stuff like that into account. Take care about amino-acids in protein you need to get all that we do not create, and not many vegan food have right amount (or enaugh of right amount). Do calculation dont do it by feel.

There are multitudes of unhealthy non-vegans as well. Actually I can almost guarantee you the ratio is higher. This has nothing to do with veganism and everything to do with just paying attention to what you're eating.

6 hours ago, brovakhiin said:

I'm considering a switch and I have a question for all vegans and vegetarians.

Is it possible to be vegetarian with a (diagnosed) gluten intolerance? I'm guessing being vegetarian or vegan requires grains, and I live in Germany, unlike the US there are not a lot of gluten free grain products on the market yet (and unfortunately, are too expensive anyway.)

Or is nuts, fruits, veg, yoghurts (only considering vegetarian for now) all I need? I also work out and go swimming and I'm already a skinny type, I would rather not be in a calorie deficit due to the amount of sport I do and my naturally fast metabolism ;)

Cheers

There are tons of gluten free vegans out there. https://www.reddit.com/r/glutenfreevegan

Meat does clog arteries, but I need to eat it to maintain muscle. I've heard good things from people who just eat veggies. Longevity is a big plus.  

Go vegan is the best way for improve your healt, live longer and happier, save animals and enviroment and many other things. Here some useful resources

Edited by Blind Observer

I'm vegan and I like it. (And the animals and the environment like it too ;))