Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlessedLion

Tips to generate insight. Insights on insight.

4 posts in this topic

After a solo week of meditating in the woods, I was bombarded with the juiciest insights into self and life and realizing how beautiful contemplation and insights are. Here are my insights on insight ;)

1) How to contemplate; It's funny, I was contemplating Who am I? Or better yet What am I? What is this internal me this ego? And I noticed I was thinking way too much about it. Reasoning and thinking. "Well I'm inside the head and I associate myself with these emotions" etc then I just stopped and was like "no. What the FUCK is me?!" And I just held my awareness on myself. No thinking. Just pure holding of presence. Then BAM! Not only did I have an insight into awareness I also had an insight into contemplation and it was so juicy because contemplation is not thinking about something. It's about placing your awareness on it in an inquisitive and open manner. It's actually quite strenuous when you do it properly. 

2) Horizontal versus Vertical insights; This is clarifying insight into 2 main categories.1) Metaphysical, God, Reality. And 2) The human spectrum. The human spectrum was very much focused around insights on my emotions, life purpose, and masculinity and dating. The vertical was all about no self God and Love. 

3) Allowing mind time to rest. I noticed after a deep insight my mind would just go into random thoughts and fantasies right after. It's like it got hit with a realization and needed to nod off after. It was so weird becauseI wouldnt even notice it happening until I was thinking of something completely weird and random that woke me out of the daze. 

4) The importance of time. The mind really needs long stretches of time to truly contemplate and wind down. 3/4 hour "contemplation stations" in which there are moments of focus and moments of rest. Any lower amount of time doesn't allow the mind to truly rest into the questions and gain serious focus. Hence why no one is able to generate much insight. It takes tremendous dedication and focus. 

5) Brain health. This hit me hard but yeah like duh the brain needs to be treated like pure gold the body as well. Light healthy eating, fresh clean water, excercise, heavy metal detox, TVM, Kambo, sleep, yoga, sex, all needed for strong mind power and contemplations. If you still have a ton of toxins and trauma in the body, it will be tough to have deep insight. 

The best way to go deep is to just be alone. With no input. Nothing coming into your mind and senses be in nature and just rest. The answers will come. 

I plan to do a dark room retreat soon 10 days :P

Hope this helps. Aho! 

This is motivating me to do a solo retreat. I’ve been looking for an affordable meditation retreat that doesn’t have restrictions based on mental health diagnoses, and there’s not been much luck on that front. Maybe it’s time for me to learn from some trees instead of a wrinkly person in robes. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

I'll offer something quite strange:

30 minute strolling meditation, in the middle of the day, at your local cemetery. Just calm walk to read the headstones. It calms the spirit, even like 10 minutes for the first time.

Good day, Sir.

Greg

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

1) How to contemplate; It's funny, I was contemplating Who am I? Or better yet What am I? What is this internal me this ego? And I noticed I was thinking way too much about it. Reasoning and thinking. "Well I'm inside the head and I associate myself with these emotions" etc then I just stopped and was like "no. What the FUCK is me?!" And I just held my awareness on myself. No thinking. Just pure holding of presence. Then BAM! Not only did I have an insight into awareness I also had an insight into contemplation and it was so juicy because contemplation is not thinking about something. It's about placing your awareness on it in an inquisitive and open manner. It's actually quite strenuous when you do it properly. 

It is actually possible to stay in contemplation-state a large portion of the day. And it only gets deeper and deeper and leads to much better stuff than all-day-awareness.

Gotta start with mundane questions though if your state is not high enough outside of retreat.

But the states you get from contemplation can be then automatically accessed again and deepened.