Bruins8000

Grief

6 posts in this topic

My heart is broken right now. My beloved cat, 18 years old, passed away last evening. We had her for many years. We adopted her when she was a “senior “ after she had been in two not so great living situations. Finally when my wife and I took her home she had a place where she was the focus and could be fully loved. We gave her a peaceful and loving life these last number of years. You could see her joy that we made her such an integral part of our family.

I know ultimately she’s now one with everything (and always was) and I feel her presence in my heart. I know the tenets of nonduality believe me.

Maybe a foolish question but my mind is tired at the moment and I feel awful. Even in the context of nonduality there’s still that hope, that spark that after I pass in the future I may connect with her again right? Maybe in some energetic, different type of body sort of way? Maybe like Rust Cohle said in True Detective- maybe we meld together in some sort of substance after death. One that can’t be described and isn’t like being fully extinguished but something we feel is real. I don’t know…just looking for a spark of hope here.

I may be grasping at straws looking for an answer that soothes me in a forum for nonduality but I respect everyone’s insights here. You guys look deeply at things. Thanks 

Edited by Bruins8000

Hey man, I'm going to move your topic to the Serious Emotional Issues subforum.

I'm really sorry about your cat. I hope You and your wife get through this.

If it helps, I'd honestly tell You that You are God and your cat is part of your Infinite Dream. That doesn't mean your beloved cat is not real, but it means it's all You. And if it soothes You, sooner or later You will be completely ONE as God, which is going to include everything, your cat too.

BUT don't use that as a cope. Please, notice your sadness and be open to it. It's okay to grieve and please don't avoid this process with spiritual explanations. You are going to get through this and come out stronger.

When someone is part of your life, she becomes part of your self-identification. When you lose her, it can feel like a part of you is gone. Sometimes it just hurts and feeling pain is appropriate. No easy answer here, sorry. 

Just give it some time and allow yourself to feel the grief. It'll pass, eventually.

Edited by UnbornTao

It is often reported that people visit their loved ones, some days after they die, they feel the reassuring presence of that person.

The takeaway is that the "essence" of a person is not limited to their body.

It's the same essence that lives other lives too, before and after.

It's the same essence that you still have after your current body dies.

Not sure what happens to cats, but I don't see why their essence couldn't live on either.

You can try to reconnect with your cat in dreams, meditation, a trip, a trance.

Or just pray for it to happen and see.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/