Ludwig

Optimal Health: Raw Food, Fasting, Spiritual Nutrition, Natural Hygiene, Supplements, Lifestyle

17 posts in this topic

There is no one way for everyone so please only write if you resonate. Of course constructive critisism very welcomed.

So anything on these topics welcomed here: Documentaries, Books, Videos, Own Experiences, Websites, Insights, latest research.

Hope to inspire you and get further inspiration myself. Recipes also warmly welcomed.

Why i am starting this topic: After being a health nut for many years, i feel i am getting more and more to the core of it. Long story short: Comming Wednesday evening i will finish my 21 day water fast with some raw coconut water. The first days probably only mango, then some apples, avocados. 

Why I started:

- been very healthy for years but want to transition to a 99% raw food diet

- Go 90%+ organic

- Detox heavy metals and toxins

- Hydrate body and tissues, increase flexibility

- Clean whole intestines

- Improve eye sight

Results so far:

- feeling extremly good and light, lost more than 10kg (81kg to ~70kg)

- very clear and calm

- great improvement of flexibility

A very short protocol:

Day 1-5: fine, little hunger - Day 6-12: muscle and joint pain (most toxins in legs), detox symptoms like headaches, lots of yellow mucus, did enemas until day 12 - Day 12-19: Feeling better and better, some black outs from standing up to quickly - Day 20-21: To come... - Post fasting phase: About one month slowly refeeding (most of the results happen AFTER!)

Supplements and coming meals:

- Organic and if possible in season and local

- High water content

- Right food combinations for the body to digest

- Fruit, Greens, Veggies, Soaked Nuts/Seeds

- Vit D3, Chlorella, Omega 3 veg, Magnesium, Iodine

- Little salt, probably keep organic honey

- no to very few processed foods (maybe Coconut milk etc.)

- eat less, consciously, no psychological eating

Would only recommend longer fasting if one does a lot of research and preperation (spiritual, psychological and physiological) before. Or do it at a fasting center.

Some amazing documentaries on LIVING FOODS:

Thanks for reading and participating.

Edited by Ludwig

Benefits i forgot:

- smooth skin, nice hair

- no smell (only water shower)

Will attempt to dry fast the last 2 days (44h).

Edited by Ludwig

Day 20, almost 24h into the dry fast. Definetly feel acceleration happening. Releases in tighs, pelvis and face. Again yellow/dark yellow mucus. Lot of energetic movements. Great lightness.

A great read for inspiration:

Stages of water fasting 

Stage 1 Day 1-2

•Blood sugar level drops below 70mg/dl.

•To restore the blood to the normal glucose level, liver glycogen is converted to glucose and released into the blood. BMR reduces.

•Internal chemical activity in resting tissue is lowered to conserve energy.

• Heart slows and blood pressure is reduced.

•Headaches, dizziness, nausea, bad breath, glazed eyes and a heavily coated tongue are signs of the first stage of cleansing. 

•Hunger can be the most intense in this period.

Stage 2 Day 3-7

•Fats, composed of transformed fatty acids, are broken down to release glycerol from the glyceride molecules and are converted to glucose.

•Skin may become oily as rancid oils are purged from the body.

•A pallid complexion is also a sign of waste in the blood.

• Ketones are formed by the incomplete oxidation of fates.

•You may feel hungry for the first few days of the fast. This effect is temporary. The desire to eat will disappear.  Lack of hunger may last 40-60 days.

•The body embraces the fast and the digestive system is able to take a much-needed rest, focusing all of its energies on cleansing organs and the lungs are in the process of being repaired.

• Periodically, the lymphatic system expels mucid matter through the nose or throat.

•Within the intestine, the colon is being repaired and impacted feces on the intestinal wall start to loosen and are autolyzed.

Stage 3 Day 8-15

You can experience enhanced energy, clear-mindedness and feel better than you have felt since childhood, On the downside, old injuries may become irritated and painful.

•During fasting, the body’s healing process is at optimum efficiency.

• As the body scours for dead or damaged tissue, the lymphocytes enter the older-damaged tissue secreting substances to dissolve the damaged cells.

• These substances irritate the nerves in the surrounding region and cause a reoccurrence of aches from previously injured areas that may have disappeared years earlier. 

• The muscles may become tight and sore due to toxin irritation. 

Stage 4 Day 16-30

•The body is completely adapted to the fasting process. There is more energy and clarity of mind. Cleansing periods can be short with many days of feeling good in between.

•The healing work of the organs is being completed. After the detoxification mechanisms have removed the causative agent or renders it harmless; the body works at maximum capacity in tissue proliferation to replace damaged tissue.

•Homeostatic balance is at optimum levels. The lymphatic system is clean except for a rare discharge of mucus through the nose or throat. After day 20, the mind is affected with heightened clarity and emotional balance. Memory and concentration improve.

Stage 5 Day 30 +

•The Breath, which during all or most of the fast has been offensive, becomes sweet and clean.
The Tongue becomes clean. The thick coating which remained on it throughout most of the fast vanishes.
The Temperature, which may have been sub-normal or above normal, returns to exactly normal, where it remains.
The Pulse becomes normal in time and rhythm.
The Skin reactions and other reactions become normal.
The Bad Taste in the mouth ceases.
Salivary Secretion becomes normal.
The Eyes become bright and eye sight improves.
The Excreta loses its odor. The Urine becomes light

•The primary indication that the fast is to be broken is the return of hunger; all the other indications are secondary. Often one or more of these secondary signs are absent when hunger returns, but one should not refrain from breaking the fast when there is an unmistakable demand for food, merely because the tongue, for example, is not clean. Inasmuch as all the signs do not invariably appear in each case, do not hesitate to break the fast when hunger returns.

http://curezone.com/faq/q.asp?a=25,1787,2836&q=759

About to finish 60h of dry fasting soon.

Another fact: During my whole fasting i never had even a little bit of sexual desire.

One thing that i need to always keep in mind: Gratitude, Love, Prayer before and after the meal. 

I extended my list of supporting foods with Reishi Mushroom and Goji Berries now:

Awesome, fasting like this feels like you are in constant meditation the more purified the body becomes the more alive and free you feel.

You notice when you start eating again as you now have a somewhat hyper-awareness due to the process you notice how everything you do or consume effects your body so this can show you what works for you and what doesn't. You feel so pure and connected.

Thanks for sharing, great post!

B R E A T H E

Things I am so exited about. 

Curried Carrot Avocado Soup

fotolia_128928749.jpg

Ingredients

3 C Carrots, chopped

2 C water

2 avocados

1 clove garlic

3 t ginger juice

1 t lemon juice

1 t curry powder

1/2 t cumin

1/2 T Celtic salt

1/4 t cayenne

1/4 t fresh ground pepper

Directions

In a blender, process all ingredients until smooth and creamy.

https://treeoflifecenterus.com/curried-carrot-avocado-soup/

And this one:

I am also predominantly a Vata Type. Lots of oil and nice fats. Grounding and soothing foods. Avocado definetly my number one. In salads, as ice cream with bananas... 

Also found a very nice organic sesame oil today. YUMMY!:)

Edited by Ludwig

@Nahm

No i haven't. What are your experiences with it?

Tried the reishi mushrooms now for 3 days. Powerful stuff!

7 hours ago, Ludwig said:

@Nahm

No i haven't. What are your experiences with it?

Tried the reishi mushrooms now for 3 days. Powerful stuff!

I was once stressed and uneasy and i took a duanwood reishi extract capsule and it didn't just calm me down but made me feel like i had a natural high. My heart rate went down to 40BPM and i was like in a meditative state just flowing through the rest of the day.

B R E A T H E

This was so good and nourishing for breakfast. I ate it with apples and peaches. Instead of cashews i used soaked sunflower seeds. And honey instead of stevia. YUM!!

Done in 10 minutes.

Apple Pear Crumble

raw-apple-pear-crumble.jpg

Crumble

2 cups soaked raisins

3 cups soaked, dehydrated almonds

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoons cinnamon

1/2 tablespoon Pumpkin Spice to taste

1 teaspoon stevia

Dash of salt

Add above ingredients to food processor and blend. 

Optional: To created varied texture, chop 1 cup soaked, dehydrated pecans and add to remaining nut/spice mixture.

Cut 5 apples and 5 pear into slices (soak in lemon water to retain color if using the next day).  Layer fruit and nut/spice mixture. Continue until all layers are finished. Top with whipped cream.

Whipped Cream

2 peeled zucchini

3 cups cashews

1/2 cup almond milk

1/2 dropper vanilla stevia

Blend above ingredients in food processor and add to top of dessert when serving

https://treeoflifecenterus.com/raw-apple-pear-crumble-recipe/

Edited by Ludwig

@Ludwig I love it. It's my favorite shake (with ice, banana and peanut butter, and chocolate milk) and it tastes great to me. It has everything I need in it. I go for weeks only having three of these a day and I find it to be similar to fasting but with unlimited energy. Eventually of course I eat some solid food, and I like that experience, but honestly I always notice a tiny 'slow down' effect on my body, intuition and clarity when I do. More of a loss of connection I think than a 'slow'.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I really have to remind myself not to eat too much. I have always been eating till the plate is empty. Reminder: KEEP FOOD ASIDE FOR LATER WHEN FULL.

Inspiration:

FoodCombining.jpg

A funny little video I thought I could share here, looking at how relevant it may be to the topic.

Hmm, I know the combination of peanuts and bananas is super tasty, but do they actually combine well from the digestion point of view? Not according to the above figure on food combining. I stopped combining those couple of years ago exactly because of this. 

Raw sweet potato and peanut butter is an awesome snack you might like :) Sweet potatoes are closer to carrots than potatoes, they are fine raw and probably healthier.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@ElenaO Yes, you're right. But my body was craving it and i gave in. ;) Fortunately i had no problems after.