Clarification On Emptiness.

25 posts in this topic

Emptiness does not mean meaningless, right?

Emptiness is the quality of the True Self. The True Self is a field of empty, formless, awareness. This pure awareness is what you actually are.

Meaning is an illusion created by the overactive mind. Meaning is meaningless and you don't need it. BEING > meaning. Being is true. Meaning is false, because it is actually being masquerading as something it is not. Meaning is ike the mirage of an oasis in the Sahara.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I need a think..

Edited by tryingforfreedom

@Leo Gura

I think I understand.

To say something has meaning is to say something else lacks meaning.

Emptiness of the self arises from no judgement if form, no desire for form. Suffering leads us to this realization.

I think I know what I need to do next.

@tryingforfreedom Ask yourself what meaning literally is. What is meaning made out of?

@Leo GuraMeaning only exists out of the relative world, and is applied by the ego, is essentially a desire of the self, it is irrelevant of the true self..

To say something has meaning is to say something else has no meaning...

Correct?

You didn't actually answer the question.

What is meaning literally made out of?

Look in your direct experience. Don't theorize.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You didn't actually answer the question.

What is meaning literally made out of?

Look in your direct experience. Don't theorize.

@Leo Gura I see this concept relating to the learning process.

When we assume we don't know something we discover new possibilities of knowledge levels.

When we think that we know we are living by the ilusion of the real wisdow.@tryingforfreedom @Pinocchio

2 hours ago, tryingforfreedom said:

Emptiness does not mean meaningless, right?

Will think..

@Leo Gura

The meaning of life often changes its definition according to where you are at in the path of life. However, all experiences and suffering eventually try to point us to one place. In this there is true overall meaning of life..but one is often unaware of this. However what one THINKS is the meaning of life at one point may not necessarily be rooted in truth. What one thinks is shaped by the environment and that persons disposition. One person's meaning isn't any better than another persons meaning, it is just different stages of life. So, my answer is the mind..

Sorry... But I think Leo means that you should look at your experience of such thing as "meaning", like in meditation.

Not think about it.

If you look at this experience, you will see that "meaning" is a mental sound and some inner feeling (AKA thought).

While you're just making more thoughts about such a thought as "meaning".@tryingforfreedom

But we just arrived at the same conclusion didnt we? I said my answer was the mind, aka thought.

Maybe i didnt use meditation for it...hmmm

Stages of life - thought

Truth - thought

To be rooted - thought

Meaning - thought

Feeling right - emotion, thought

Feeling confused - emotion, thought

Conclusion - thought

Mind - thought

Answer - thought

Thought - thought

etc.

What thoughts are made of, though? Leo says that a thought is exactly what it is when you experience it. Experience of a thought = thought. But then, what is experience? What is experiencing?  

(I'm not trying to explain something right now, or argue, I am not sure what I am talking about, I'm just kind of asking a rhetorical question).

Edited by Naviy

Now you guys are on the right track.

And what is a thought literally?

Do not think about this. Look directly at what one of your thoughts is.

Hold on a second...isn't the main problem though that the natural default mode of our thoughts is judgmental, and has desire for the self? What if you could remove those elements without removing thought?

Thought, in my opinion in a spontaneous creation from emptiness

@tryingforfreedom You're not investigating this existentially enough. You're looking at this from some kind of human-social perspective or a psychological perspective. Instead, look at it like a physics problem. What is a thought existentially in your phenomenal awareness?

@Leo Gura   When I look at a thought directly, I believe, I cannot say "what" it is.

"1 = 1" and not "1 = blah blah blah blah"

"1" = direct experience of thought

"what is" = "blah blah blah"

So, I cannot describe anything. A thought does not equal it's description.

Also, I feel that I need to spend much more time looking at a thought :) I think have not came to any conclusions.

Edited by Naviy

@Naviy Good! Now that's on the right track: you cannot describe anything. Sit with that and experience the thoughts without attempting this madness called description.

All descriptions are illusions.

.. maybe the book, The Voice of Knowledge, by don Miguel Ruiz, might be a tool to simplify the idea of meaning/what is meaning vs true self/essence, as you work on grasping emptiness.. I love all of the Four Agreements books...

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Naviy Good! Now that's on the right track: you cannot describe anything. Sit with that and experience the thoughts without attempting this madness called description.

All descriptions are illusions.

Well, when I do this, there is nothing to speak about. There is nothing to speak about.

Thoughts with no descriptions automatically happen. Awareness automatically sees them. It works like a machine with no will.

Edited by Naviy