Rafael Thundercat

Mystic Meister Eckhart, not the Tolle

5 posts in this topic

."All creatures are pure nothing. I do not say that they are a little something, or anything at all, but that they are pure nothing"

I was reading some lines of the work of this Meister Eckhart. Someone tell me of this guy was not doing some strong psycadelic or other form of consciousness work because what he say about God is not what an usual Christian say. 

"The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love."

Meister Eckhart, Sermons of Meister Eckhart

I posted this while listening Leo pointing that parroting other people insigths is not good enogth, since all spiritual truths must be derived by oneself and not via drinking from second hand insights of death people hehe

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

I haven't really studied his stuff yet but from a few of his quotes it's clear to me that he was enlightened. Appreciated the quotes!

Edited by UnbornTao

this is a beautiful video of his quotes 

Edited by Hojo

I believe he is the man that inspired Eckhart Tolle to change his name.  Tolle is a fan of his work.

One of my favorite quotes from him is

"People who dwell in God, dwell in the Eternal Now"

So much profound wisdom from the 13th century Christian mystic. He was definitely awake.

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,