Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

My ChatGPT Question rephrased: ChatGPT won't replace humans but will incomes go down?

5 posts in this topic

Week ago I asked if ChatGPT will replace humans...When I further thought about the topic I realized I asked the wrong question. My real question was not will ChatGPT replace humans but: 

• How will ChatGPT influence income of knowledge workers? e.g. How will it influence incomes of programmers, artists, writers, marketers, so on and so forth? My question is not if this will people be replaced, no, my question is: How will ChatGPT influence economy and incomes of people who work with their mind, and do not do manual work with their physical body...

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Will probably shift wealth distribution slightly.

If I find a way to incorporate ChatGPT (and soon GPT-4 and GPT-n) into my workflow, I will be heaps more productive than someone who doesn't; and I will have the first mover advantage of getting resources and clients faster, which in turn will exponentially widen the power delta between us until the market is saturated.

There will be a short time span where these technologies can be exploited to gain power, but as more people catch on, it will still be all about who is most creative and creates the most value.

These disruptive technologies will generally empower those that are most creative, sovereign and able to think on their feet.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

It will stunt human curiosity, critical thinking, and much more.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Artists and writers will be deeply affected first. Income will definitely go down. Freelancers might find it even more difficult to get projects now.

I am not sure how and when it will impact physical products and services; it will impact first online businesses, but also offline businesses that deals with documentations, lowering their costs and providing more services.

language is an engine, a tool, a blueprint of a Society, better and more language we have, better clarity and efficiency of subsystems(businesses, religions, Art, Culture, politics and ideologies)

manual level task of automation is much easier, service workers will start automating their jobs by playing with chatgpt, a hotel receipt or restaurant owner utilizing automation, most of them will not have any interest but some will do, and they will spread their implied tech to others in their industry.

now any kind of person can automate their major task if they spend a week or a month learning how to code.

Edited by Fluran