integral

Netflix: The Playlist, Spotify Cartel

4 posts in this topic

The Playlist is the start up journey of Spotify, spoilers ahead.

The last episode its revealed that Spotify is essentially a cartel that takes the majority of profits artists make and give little in return. The solution while watching the show was obvious to anyone at green, the owner/founder has to give up his percentage earnings and dedicate all revenue to the artists essentially giving the company away to the artists. Now thats never going to happen hes solid orange and its to radical an idea to serious consider, the beauty or art of giving ones dear baby up for the whole. 

So alternatively we need a decentralized system that cuts out the middle man where artists receive 100% revenue and the rest of the profits go to operational costs for the system and team to run. Another issues is its impossible to compete with sportifies 456 million daily active users when no one cares about fairness, screwing artists is irrelevant when you can can it for free.

Decentralized solution: https://audius.co/feed

Identical to Spotify but artists get 90% profits and 10% goes to the node operators.

Downside, not many songs, no one is using it.

Ill make a service that downloads songs from spotify uploads them to audius under the artists account name and provide a paid service for artists to verify there account with us and get access to there audius clone account = there profits. This way people can transition to audious simply by claiming there account that is already making them money. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 07/02/2023 at 0:48 AM, integral said:

Decentralized solution: https://audius.co/feed

Identical to Spotify but artists get 90% profits and 10% goes to the node operators.

Downside, not many songs, no one is using it.

Ill make a service that downloads songs from spotify uploads them to audius under the artists account name and provide a paid service for artists to verify there account with us and get access to there audius clone account = there profits. This way people can transition to audious simply by claiming there account that is already making them money. 

How does this is possible? Can I, say, take an old CD, rip it and upload it in the Artists Name. Then what? They get contacted?

So it's the same as vinyl, cd or buying digital on amazon?

On 07/02/2023 at 0:48 AM, integral said:

Sry, I had apparently a too quick read. You write a service? Tell us more! Which language? Where is the repository? Won't that bring you in legal troubles with spotify for ripping from their service?