The Mystical Man

Radical Honesty

31 posts in this topic

The interesting thing about Brad Blanton is that he is an extreme extrovert.  Many of the spiritual teacher are very introverted and cerebral.  Blanton’s path to enlightenment is total, radical honesty in human relationships to create true intimacy and love.  That means no witholding and the recognition that even a trivial withold does damage.  This is a challenging and difficult practice.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Blanton on his first acid trip:

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Radical honesty in action:

"I resent you for saying that."

?

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Brad's background is tough:

I wish I had pursued the career of a psychotherapist.

Edited by The Mystical Man

Let's not forget the great Vernon Howard:

I'd put him on the former list, too. Howard is a great teacher of Human Adulthood.

Dude how are you going to put down Ralston Hawkins and Wilber. You must not have awakened at all because their books are so helpful. Especially Ralston. You must just be not getting it because if you follow those books you don't need this personal self help shit because you're so conscious that you are free to be authentic. Ralston talks a ton about the importance of radical honesty btw

15 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

You must not have awakened at all because their books are so helpful.

It's precisely because I had an awakening that I don't find their work appealing anymore.

16 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

if you follow those books you don't need this personal self help shit because you're so conscious that you are free to be authentic.

That's not true. Have you studied the work of the guys that I've listed? That kind of work is very much needed, before and after awakening. 

Yes I've read Radical Honesty. Very profound book. But i find that as you gain consciousness it's impossible to lie and be fake anymore anyway. It's always a good reminder though that you can be 100% honest 

5 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

But i find that as you gain consciousness it's impossible to lie and be fake anymore anyway.

Consciousness will put pressure on everything that is false within you, but the mind is a cunning devil, so vigilance is key. Lying is still very much possible, but it becomes more painful.