100rockets

What The **** Is Going On?

26 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I had to contemplate what you were saying for a while, I can see it now. I'm not sure what to do with it but I do see your point. Thank you for that.

On 3/6/2017 at 4:16 PM, Barna said:

Become disgust itself.

Strange..but this helped me a lot. I actually enjoyed becoming disgust

10 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

@100rocketsParadoxically, when you stop resisting the sensations and accept them as they are, they tend to vanish as if never existed (But if you watch them in the hope of making them disappear you will be still resisting them so it won't work, from experience ¬¬ ).
And then when you stop seeing the sensations as good or bad, you will also stop seeing the world as good or bad, but just as it is. which is quite beautiful :)

This works for me sometimes. It's the acceptance part that's easier said than done :/ but I will keep working on that

@100rockets Maybe there's nothing left to do but to enjoy being, until you aren't any more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura What exactly do you mean by "being"? Do you mean enjoying having the capability to see, feel, and hear instead of being dead and (most likely) feeling nothing?

@100rockets you can't force acceptance, you can't really think your way into acceptance (although I admit I tried this a lot and it seems to work sometimes, for me stuff like asking myself "maybe this is what I deserve?" "I don't need to worry the universe will take of me" "what's happening right now the universe created just for me, what can I learn from this?","everyone is doing the best he can according to his understanding and circumstances in the world" "remember others are just drops of consciousness like me" helps sometimes).
But my experience is that trying to solve this in the thinking level is usually just more resistance hence the importance of working with the sensations.

Just be with your body sensations, pass your attention on your body and find where there is a pain, where there are contractions. When you find yourself back in the thoughts and the story just bring your attention back to the sensations, if you find yourself thinking how "I don't manage to be with the sensation, it's not working" just bring your attention back to the sensation (to bypass our tendency to see meta thoughts as not just other thoughts). see it like an algorithm, every time you are aware your attention is not on the sensations bring it back to the sensations. 

Edited by Vercingetorix

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

3 hours ago, TeamBills said:

@Leo Gura What exactly do you mean by "being"? Do you mean enjoying having the capability to see, feel, and hear instead of being dead and (most likely) feeling nothing?

Yes, basically.

Although technically being and experience are different. If you stopped holding experience as separate from you, you would literally be it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.