Richard Purdy

I have 50 grand. What should I do with it?

25 posts in this topic

There is a Bruce Lee quote that's one of my favorites - 'I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times'. 

If I were in your position, I would spend my 50 grand exploring things that I'm interested in, figuring out what that 'one kick' is for me and then practicing it 10,000 times. Then, your future is set! 

On 3.2.2023 at 6:07 PM, ZenAlex said:

I'd personally be just getting a mortgage on a decent property, have my own place, and just enjoy being financially secure, and live your life. 

I love having 5 figures in the back simply because it's there for security.

dont do this

@Richard Purdy In your position I would work to develop a high income skill that can generate you at least 8k a month preferably something that allows you to work remote. 

Saving 50k+ with essentially 0 bills isn't that difficult especially if you work full time, whats more important is what does your monthly cashflow look like. To put into context I worked all throughout college wheather it was on-campus IT support, Gig Work or internships over the summer and was able to  graduate a little over 70k in savings and came out with a job as a junior developer. I now work remote and have the money / time to pursue other interests and projects.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:54 PM, Igor82 said:

BUY TIME!

BUY TIME!!

BUY TIME!!!

Live as cheaply as possible while being as healthy as possible (figure it out, if you wish);

and MASTER LIFE.

Invest all your time in following your soul's purpose or FOLLOW YOUR HIGHEST: EXCITEMENT, PASSION, AND JOY

Yes, that is great advice for 50k$. Buy time and build your dreams, you have nice initial capital to start building your dreams and dreams requires time.

Edited by Juressic