Emrie

Dependence on Maca for Libido

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I started taking maca every day as part of my protein shake that I drink after going to the gym and then after a few months I stopped taking both the shake and the maca because ... it just kinda happened I stopped buying them idk.

But I've realized my libido is suuuper low now, like I'm almost never in the mood, it's crazy. At first I thought I'd just gotten used to the heightened libido from maca and I just need to get used to my normal libido, but now I just feel like it's at the point where I have no libido at all.

Did I accidentally create a dependence on maca to have any sex drive?

Have you been abstaining from masturbation recently?

As for maca, idk. Every single libido supplement I've tried doesn't really do much. I did take a lot of maca recently, and it didn't really noticeably increase or decrease libido. From what I've seen it generally seems very safe. There are other natural supplements which directly affect testosterone and seem to be more controversial, but from what I've read maca is not one of them.

But of course, if maca did heighten libido for you, then you probably shouldn't go off of my experience since my physiology is apparently different since it didn't noticeably affect my libido. I would say it is a weird coincidence if the maca heightened your libido and then all of a sudden it dropped down once you stopped taking it. If that's the case, I would give it a few weeks for your libido to recalibrate and then see if you're still having problems. You could try mixing no-fap in there to try and increase libido faster.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

5 hours ago, Emrie said:

Did I accidentally create a dependence on maca to have any sex drive?

I seriously doubt it. Might just be a correlation, not causation type of situation.

I’d look into other causes. Should probably naturally reverse on its own. Obviously see a doctor if you really feel like it’s becoming a problem.

@Emrie No you didnt lol. Youre probably overtraining

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

What do you mean "overtraining"? Like ... too much gym?