Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Seeker

What role does happiness play in life?

5 posts in this topic

It seems like pursuing happiness doesn't really work that well.

Happiness seems more like a bi-product of engaging in life fully, even at the expense of your hopes of happiness.

How important is happiness?

I don't really see where it fits in the picture of life.

Is our culture brainwashed into thinking happiness trumps everything?

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

It's not that happiness doesn't work, it's that most people are profoundly confused on what it is or how to get it.

When they say happiness what is really being pointed to is love. Reality is a love simulation after all, so moving towards that when you can is a good guidance to follow.

hrhrhtewgfegege

23 minutes ago, Roy said:

Reality is a love simulation after all

It seems like if we wanted happiness we would have just stayed in heaven. It seems like life is like if you are vigorously banging a girl. I imagine you're not necessarily super happy but you are loving it. Like reality is literally having sex with itself to infinity and that is what life is in my estimation. But think about it, happiness is so difficult for a mere mortal.

But then Rupert Spira says reality is made of Happiness. I guess I don't understand what happiness is then. 

Edited by Bob Seeker

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

24 minutes ago, Bob Seeker said:

I guess I don't understand what happiness is then. 

Radical contentment with the present moment.

hrhrhtewgfegege

If life was only suffering then it would not be worth living. If life was only happiness then it would be boring. But I don't understand why god can't invent a new kind of happiness that doesn't require this duality of happiness / suffering.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.