Emily

Anyone Know About Pulsating Energy During Meditation?

7 posts in this topic

Has this happened to anyone else and is there any way I can channel this energy?...

I've been meditating about four times a day for the last week but before that I've not done much 'sitting' meditation for a while (yoga is my preferred form of meditation usually). 

These last three days I've been experiencing this pulsating energy. It was strongest the first time it happened - I was really present and alert, then my heart started beating fast, my breath sped up and this energy started pulsating through my body. Felt really intense and I tried to stay with it and let it be, not knowing what it was. Eventually it lessened. 

It wasn't unpleasant but now literally every single time I've meditated since, this pulsating energy has happened again, as soon as I try to go into my inner body. It's becoming uncomfortable cos most of the muscles in my body seem to spasm/pulse as it's happening, even when I try to relax and breathe into it. 

I told the monk (I'm at a Buddhist center) yesterday (when I wasn't yet frustrated with the occurrences) and he just said "let it be". I'm hoping if I do let it be it'll go away but if anyone knows what it is and how to clear any blockages that may be the result of this, I'd be immensely grateful! 

Thanks for reading :) 

Edited by Emily

@Emily you are probably describing a kundalini awakening. Awesome. Youre in for a treat. Your cells are gaining superpowers, your body will detox over a period of time. Happy for you.

Dont be afraid of it! 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

46 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

@Emily you are probably describing a kundalini awakening. Awesome. Youre in for a treat. Your cells are gaining superpowers, your body will detox over a period of time. Happy for you.

Dont be afraid of it! 

Thanks Martin, I did consider that :) 

Now I just need to learn how to channel that energy properly I guess! 

13 hours ago, Emily said:

how to clear any blockages that may be the result of this, I'd be immensely grateful! 

OSHO - Dynamic Meditation

Also known as 'Active Meditation', Dynamic Meditation was created by Osho. It is designed to clear energetic and emotional blockages so you can be more present to life in the now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbfVcigkNao

First Stage: 10 minutes
Breathe chaotically through the nose, concentrating always on exhalation. The body will take care of the inhalation. The breath should move deeply into the lungs. Be as fast as you can in your breathing, making sure the breathing stays deep. Do this as fast and as hard as you possibly can -- and then a little harder, until you literally become the breathing. Use your natural body movements to help you to build up your energy. Feel it building up, but don't let go during the first stage. The key for Dynamic Meditation is "irregular" breathing.

Second Stage: 10 minutes
Explode! Express everything that needs to be thrown out. Go totally mad. Scream, shout, cry, jump, shake, dance, sing, laugh; throw yourself around. Hold nothing b    ack; keep your whole body moving. A little acting often helps to get you started. Never allow your mind to interfere with what is happening. Be total, be whole hearted.

Third Stage: 10 minutes
With raised arms, jump up and down shouting the mantra, "Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!" as deeply as possible. Each time you land, on the flats of your feet, let the sound hammer deep into the sex center. Give all you have; exhaust yourself totally.

Fourth Stage: 15 minutes
Stop! Freeze wherever you are, in whatever position you find yourself. Don't arrange the body in any way. A cough, a movement - anything will dissipate the energy flow and the effort will be lost. Stay completely still, and be a witness to everything that is happening to you.

Fifth Stage: 15 minutes
Celebrate through dance, expressing your gratitude towards the whole. Carry your happiness with you throughout the day.

On 3/5/2017 at 10:15 AM, Prabhaker said:

OSHO - Dynamic Meditation

Also known as 'Active Meditation', Dynamic Meditation was created by Osho. It is designed to clear energetic and emotional blockages so you can be more present to life in the now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbfVcigkNao

First Stage: 10 minutes
Breathe chaotically through the nose, concentrating always on exhalation. The body will take care of the inhalation. The breath should move deeply into the lungs. Be as fast as you can in your breathing, making sure the breathing stays deep. Do this as fast and as hard as you possibly can -- and then a little harder, until you literally become the breathing. Use your natural body movements to help you to build up your energy. Feel it building up, but don't let go during the first stage. The key for Dynamic Meditation is "irregular" breathing.

Second Stage: 10 minutes
Explode! Express everything that needs to be thrown out. Go totally mad. Scream, shout, cry, jump, shake, dance, sing, laugh; throw yourself around. Hold nothing b    ack; keep your whole body moving. A little acting often helps to get you started. Never allow your mind to interfere with what is happening. Be total, be whole hearted.

Third Stage: 10 minutes
With raised arms, jump up and down shouting the mantra, "Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!" as deeply as possible. Each time you land, on the flats of your feet, let the sound hammer deep into the sex center. Give all you have; exhaust yourself totally.

Fourth Stage: 15 minutes
Stop! Freeze wherever you are, in whatever position you find yourself. Don't arrange the body in any way. A cough, a movement - anything will dissipate the energy flow and the effort will be lost. Stay completely still, and be a witness to everything that is happening to you.

Fifth Stage: 15 minutes
Celebrate through dance, expressing your gratitude towards the whole. Carry your happiness with you throughout the day.

This sounds pretty interesting/mad! Will give it a go, thanks! 

Sounds like expansion of observational beauty capacity. I think it's the same physiological experience as when you see something beautiful, and you get filled with an emotion that makes you hold back the tears. You are emptying ego and being filled by the love of the one. It's a great great thing. Keep breathing through it. Watch tear jerker videos and breath through the emotion (don't suppress). I think you'll soon be seeing an entirely new level of beauty in all things. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Emily Looks like the Kundalini is rising. Happened to me exactly as you described. I have the same thoughts as the monk on this one. Just let it be and it will pass. When it happened to me I used to try and make it intense as I thought it was some sort of progression but upon further reading about this I completely ignored it and just shunned it as soon as I felt it.

In addition to raja yoga there is another popular system called kundalini yoga. The practitioners of this system
concentrate on psychic centres (chakras) in the body in order to generate a spiritual power they call kundalini. The aim
of this practice is to force the kundalini up a psychic channel (the sushumna) which runs from the base of the spine to
the brain. The kundalini yogi believes that when this power reaches the sahasrara (the highest chakra located in the
brain), Self-realization will result.
Sri Ramana never advised his devotees to practise kundalini yoga since he regarded it as being both potentially
dangerous and unnecessary.
He accepted the existence of the kundalini power and the chakras but he said that even if
the kundalini reached the sahasrara it would not result in realization. For final realization, he said, the kundalini must
go beyond the sahasrara, down another nadi (psychic nerve) he called amritanadi (also called the paranadi or jivanadi)
and into the Heart- centre on the right-hand side of the chest. Since he maintained that self-enquiry would
automatically send the kundalini to the Heart-centre, he taught that separate yoga exercises were unnecessary.
The Self is reached by the search for the origin of the ego and by diving into the Heart (spirital Heart not acutal heart). This is the direct method of
Self-realization. One who adopts it need not worry about nadis, the brain centre [sahasrara], the sushumna, the
paranadi, the kundalini, pranayama or the six centres [chakras].

Q: Bhagavan, whenever I meditate, I feel great heat in the head and, if I persist, my whole body burns. What is the
remedy?
A: If concentration is made with the brain, sensations of heat and even headache ensue.
Concentration has to be made in the Heart (spiritual Heart), which is cool and refreshing. Relax and your meditation will be easy. Keep
your mind steady by gently warding off all intruding thoughts but without strain.
Soon you will succeed.