Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mips

Establish habitual routine for awakening?

6 posts in this topic

I’m interested in what people feel about establishing a daily routine of practices for awakening? There are quite a few practices that Leo suggests that should be done daily and consistently to achieve results - concentration, meditation, contemplation, visualisation etc. To be done consistently, time would have to be allotted for all these and more, some both morning & night.

So do people here generally have a fixed daily routing for this stuff? Or do they approach the process in a more fluid/ less rigid way?

Edited by Mips

Disciplined structure of practice and fluidity in habits go hand in hand in this work. I think a combination of the two according to the seasons of one’s life will produce the best results, based on my experience at least. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

Do what feels good to you.

How does the thought that you need to achieve results feel?

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

for me the key is 5 meo dmt. not only because you realize infinity, etc., but because 5 meo is like a contrast that reveals your impurities, your attachments and your deepest fears in a very obvious way and allows you to face them. It is also an extremely clean substance. you can do 5meo, have a horrible trip in which you feel the horror of the void, you get up, eat something and in an hour you are on a terrace with a friend or in the gym. if you have a total, infinite dissolution trip, then for several nights you will have reactions that will be like trips in their own right that will make you realize unlimited love and things that will transform you into a much happier, calmer, more conscious person, in a way permanent. you just have to use this substance with intuition. neither excess nor procrastination.

1 hour ago, roopepa said:

Do what feels good to you.

How does the thought that you need to achieve results feel?

Slightly daunting but good. I’m older & have engineered my life for this moment so I can have the space to do the work. It’s been a couple of years of planning & I finally have the time & space. So I’m serious about doing the work, but have never gelled with strict routine before. But also I’m not good with consistency without a routine, so a routine might be the solution here as I want to make consistent progress without any fluff. Perhaps it can also be detrimental or too rigid for the path of awakening - that’s what I’m trying to find out.

50 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

for me the key is 5 meo dmt. not only because you realize infinity, etc., but because 5 meo is like a contrast that reveals your impurities, your attachments and your deepest fears in a very obvious way and allows you to face them. It is also an extremely clean substance. you can do 5meo, have a horrible trip in which you feel the horror of the void, you get up, eat something and in an hour you are on a terrace with a friend or in the gym. if you have a total, infinite dissolution trip, then for several nights you will have reactions that will be like trips in their own right that will make you realize unlimited love and things that will transform you into a much happier, calmer, more conscious person, in a way permanent. you just have to use this substance with intuition. neither excess nor procrastination.

Yes, 5-Meo is definitely going to be a focus when I’m ready. I’m aiming to spend a good amount of time stabilising my mind, doing the practices & getting healthier beforehand. I’m really at base camp here - which is why I’m wondering if a strict routine could be beneficial to gain momentum - or not..

Edited by Mips

2 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Disciplined structure of practice and fluidity in habits go hand in hand in this work. I think a combination of the two according to the seasons of one’s life will produce the best results, based on my experience at least. 

I like this comment. Very much interested in what others have to say on this too.

Edited by Mips