Sucuk Ekmek

Decided to share my song

10 posts in this topic

Dedcided to share my song with you all, go on roast me. I wonder what you think.

Not bad. It has creepy clown vibes but also maffia vibes. I could see this playing at the beginning of a movie.

I left this forum because a moderator has a problem with me talking positively about myself and giving advice. This reflects the forum as a whole. This place is negative, bitter, hateful and anti success. If you don't notice this that's because you're one of them. I hope some of you benefited from my posts. Take care.

1 hour ago, Eyowey said:

Not bad. It has creepy clown vibes but also maffia vibes. I could see this playing at the beginning of a movie.

You mean something like this? Well, I appreciate that.

Nice, this has potential!

A couple of pointers:

You could try to record the chords again, and then panning your two chord tracks left and right, this gives a nice stereo image and gives the melody in the middle more room to tell it's story

The guitar bass notes in the intro sound nice, I'm missing those in the section where the melody comes in. An extra guitar playing only bass notes could work well.

The melody and pads are in the same frequency range. The pads could maybe sound a bit fuller, by adding more notes, or more layers to the pad. 

The track ends a bit suddenly, maybe try to add a little outro section. 

pm me if you want to discuss in further detail.

Edited by Rob06

My heart loves it ?

It gives me some warm feelings of old movies.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

Learn music theory. The chords are completely out of key.

This is like using language without grammar. No matter what profound thing you have to say, no one will take you seriously. 

After you know the rules and have mastered them, you can go break them - with intent. Good prose and poetry plays with grammar - again, with intent.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

This is like using language without grammar. No matter what profound thing you have to say, no one will take you seriously. 

After you know the rules and have mastered them, you can go break them - with intent. Good prose and poetry plays with grammar - again, with intent.

I like the chords, nice and quirky. The melody could assist the chords a bit more I think. Look at the chords you are using and try to find scales (or modes that fit nicely with that)

1 hour ago, Rob06 said:

I like the chords, nice and quirky. The melody could assist the chords a bit more I think. Look at the chords you are using and try to find scales (or modes that fit nicely with that)

The whole thing is out of key, what are you talking about? You dont help the guy by endorsing his shitty creations, but by pointing out what makes them shitty.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

6 hours ago, Rob06 said:

You could try to record the chords again, and then panning your two chord tracks left and right, this gives a nice stereo image and gives the melody in the middle more room to tell it's story

Good idea, I could  use more ambient qualities.

6 hours ago, Rob06 said:

The guitar bass notes in the intro sound nice, I'm missing those in the section where the melody comes in. An extra guitar playing only bass notes could work well.

Yeah, I lost that register. It was II-V-I at beginning, It just stands there unresolving because it was an imported idea and my chords are just out of touch from that form, I could've used something very simple. 

6 hours ago, Rob06 said:

The melody and pads are in the same frequency range. The pads could maybe sound a bit fuller, by adding more notes, or more layers to the pad. 

Never thought about frequency... Well now I know. It's just one guitar for all sounds so yeah makes sense. 

7 hours ago, Rob06 said:

The track ends a bit suddenly, maybe try to add a little outro section. 

pm me if you want to discuss in further detail.

This is my first atempt to record something. If I get serious with new material i'll pm you :)

3 hours ago, Nilsi said:

They are !

3 hours ago, Nilsi said:

Good prose and poetry plays with grammar - again, with intent.

Fck  poetry, I prefer painting who cares  intent :)

3 hours ago, Lila9 said:

My heart loves it ?

It gives me some warm feelings of old movies.

Thanks  for bearing with me :)