Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Annie

What's Your Favourite Nutrient Dense Meal?

11 posts in this topic

I guess mine is bone broth. What's yours?

Here are some of the best "superfoods" on the planet that aren't just healthy but full of micronutrients and push it over the top.

• Blueberries. Why? They’re full of phytonutrients and antioxidants, protecting against cancer and neurodegenerative disease.
  • Cacao. Not hot chocolate, but raw cacao nibs. Raw cacao contains 20 times more antioxidants than blueberries and 119 times more than bananas.
  • Chia seeds.  Eaten by ancient Aztec warriors. These seeds are rich in fiber, omega-3s, protein, vitamins and minerals, such as copper, zinc and potassium.
  • Algae. It’s a complex superfood that can be found in green, blue-green or brown seaweed. The health benefits are quite amazing: stronger immune system increased white blood cell count and better gut flora.
  • Bee pollen. Made by honeybees, it is one of the most nourishing foods Mother Nature can provide us with, as it contains almost all of the essential nutrients needed by humans. It’s rich in amino acids, vitamins, including B-complex, and folic acid. Bee pollen is richer in protein than any animal source and half of it is directly used by the body. One teaspoon consists of over 2,5 billion (that’s 9 zeros) flower pollen grains. Talk about micronutrient density. 
  • MCT oil. Stands for medium-chained triglycerides that are shortened fatty acid chains that can be directly metabolized into energy by the brain and body. They're liquidized and made from coconut oil. The caloric content is highest possible - 900 kcal/100g. Instant power and ketosis.

These are the ones I eat.

Thanks!

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

15 hours ago, Annie said:

@Tim Green What do you put in your smoothies?

Usually:

2 cups of fresh greens

small carrot

sun chokes

1/8 cup walnuts

banana

1 tbs ground flax seed

1tbs chia seeds

1 tbs ground hemp seed

1 tsp dried amla

goji berries (if i have any)

1/2 cup blueberries

1/2 cup other berry (strawberry, cranberry, sweet cherry)

flax milk

Of course smoothies can be extremely nutrient dense but as for regular meals i enjoy wild rice and beans with mixed nuts/seeds(seasoned with herbs & spices) and greens, avocado and other mixed vegetables on the side(more colors = better) followed by some sauerkraut or other source of probiotics. As for snacks or desert cacao, berries, buckwheat, coconut icecream ect.. are great nutrient dense healthy alternatives or minor meal choices.

B R E A T H E

@Siim Land How would you include algae into everyday cooking? I'm trying to come up with new meals for my kids, one of them is a very picky eater so I am trying to make meals as nutrient dense as possible. I use all of the other items you listed except MCT, I use coconut oil for cooking though.

11 hours ago, Annie said:

@Siim Land How would you include algae into everyday cooking? I'm trying to come up with new meals for my kids, one of them is a very picky eater so I am trying to make meals as nutrient dense as possible. I use all of the other items you listed except MCT, I use coconut oil for cooking though.

Spirulina for example can be sprinkled on anything and not much is needed because its highly nutrient dense. Most people use 3g - 10g a day.

You can always add something to mask the flavor but once you get used to it its actually very tasty and you hardly notice the flavor when mixed with everything else. Algae can also come in tinctures and other liquid forms like Marine Phytoplankton but powder seems to be the easiest.

Coconut oil is the best possible oil for cooking, Ghee is also very good.

B R E A T H E