Basman

What's Your Morning Routine?

4 posts in this topic

I was thinking about starting to implement some sort of morning routine to stick to for the coming years. I feel I could benefit from a strong morning routine to help with my mood and productivity. Currently, I always make my bed. So I got that going for me lol.

So what is your morning routine like? I'm looking for inspiration. What are the most important and must-have elements in a morning routine? Additionally, what are your tips for actually implementing a morning routine so that it sticks? In my experience, I try to make a routine, stick to it for a couple of days or weeks, to just end up back to only making my bed like always.

62cf80d2993e748584527531a0146b71.jpg

Read the 5am club by Robin Sharma! So many amazing and inspiring ideas for setting up a rock-solid morning routine for yourself!

Summary:

5am: Wake Up

Lemon Water

Exercise Vigorously (20 minutes)

Sit and contemplate (20 minutes)

Listen to an inspiring audiobook (20 mintues)

Shower, brush teeth.

Get to work!

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

I sleep in until 10am then wrestle with dog and go for a short 1 mile run to kickstart the day 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@Basman You lack discipline. I had my own morning routine for up to like 3 months now and every fucking morning it's HARD. You force your body to behave as you want, but sometimes it does what it wants. And it doesn't get easy. Well sometimes it does, but just today it was hard to do so. Don't copy anyone's morning routine, you KNOW  what you need to do for that morning routine. Just ask yourself WHAT DO I NEED? And you will know what your morning routine should be. If you lack health then some kind of physical activity, if you lack focus then morning meditation, if you are always stressed then wake up earlier and go to sleep earlier. You should actually know what you need.

My routine is waking up and lighting all the lights that I got in my room, you need LIGHT to begin all your hormonal processes to get rolling. Then I open up my windows (it's winter now) so that I get fresh air in my room, then wash my face with cold water and hydrate. Then it's 15-20minute easy physical yoga to start up my body, because it was laying in one spot for 7-8 hours. After that I take a shower following 2minutes cold water at the end. Then I do Kriya yoga  ~40~50minutes. After that I take breakfast and go to work.

Mahadev