Danioover9000

Lex Fridman podcast: Tom Howard, 'greatest' game developer, Elder Scrolls 6, Star..

6 posts in this topic

Another interview of Lex's, with 'greatest video game developer' Tod Howard:

If the sarcasm and satire wasn't clear enough, I disagree with that claim, as I can name several game dev teams and a few video game visionaries that make Tod Howard look like a kid.

The list of issues with that claim, and how it relates to society, politics, government and other current events of the world, are amplified by technology that effects all aspects of society, are as follows:

1. Due to ease of access technologically, as long as you have a PC/laptop, WI-FI, storage space, future customers that play Elder Scrolls or any other MMORPG game, it creates further incentives to buy and keep on playing for longer, which trades off availability of time, energy and attention away from training towards a LP to STEM or other career field, self-help, or questioning into reality, the majority of game consumers instead play more MMORPG's. 4-8-12-15 hours of MMORPG's instead of studying, reading, questioning, practices and other methods to skills development towards an ideal career.

2. Emerging technologies affect how one feels, thinks, and values in terms of society and politics. So, if you buy into and develop an identity as a gamer, it skews your mind into biasing towards those values that align with gaming, thinking in gamer terminology, semantics and syntax,

3. Deeply biased and prejudiced towards business and commerce survival, meaning likely more predatory capitalism, of syphoning more of consumer's time, energy and attention away from other activities and into more playing their game products.

16x times the greatest!

;)

P.S. This interview was so shallow.

Unfortunately we will never see another Morrowind under Todd's direction. Tragic.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

One of my favourite memes of late…

453ED7CE-E8E2-4579-8E62-C1922354E74E.jpeg

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

Oblivion was a beautiful game. I don’t know if it was intentional but I think that the Elder Scrolls games mirror the history of civilisation: Morrowind was like an ancient Middle-Eastern Empire, Oblivion was clearly modelled on Greco-Roman antiquity and Skyrim on the tension between Nordic Paganism and Imperial Christianity at the turn of the previous Millennium.

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

16x times the greatest!

;)

P.S. This interview was so shallow.

Unfortunately we will never see another Morrowind under Todd's direction. Tragic.

what questions would you ask in this interview to make it less shallow?

10 hours ago, Jake Chambers said:

what questions would you ask in this interview to make it less shallow?

Will Starfield also have x16 times the detail?