Oeaohoo

Confessions of a Stage Yellow Systems Thinker

68 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

Some very selective criticism. Perhaps open you eyes to the manic bigotry I'm responding to. But then again, you watch Destiny, so your biases are blatantly apparent.

Their tone is nice.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Drugs, I have zero problem with you whatsoever. I absolutely do not care about your nonsense. . . so, what prescriptive statements will you make, regarding homosexuality and homophobia in society, and how are those related to the larger perspectives being alluded to?

25 minutes ago, DrugsBunny said:

You catch on quickly, did you think the imagery being painted was supposed to be flattering?

You and @AtheisticNonduality need to get a room. Two butt-buddies, the trusty allies of knuckle-dragging prejudice, bolstering one another so flagrantly you may as well be fellating one another.

I don’t mean to be rude but I think that this kind of deliberately debauched and degrading behaviour is precisely the reason why people have been homophobic in the past. It’s just ugly and gross. I don’t like to psychologise people but it reminds me of what psychoanalysis calls “Schadenfreude”, the perverse joy in dirtying and spoiling things.

Anyway, sorry that you are offended by things that I had written. Like I said earlier, as a Stage Yellow Systems Thinker I know that we are all just where we need to be…

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Their tone is nice.

@Carl-Richard "Heil Hitler!", said the petulant Nazi in a pleasantly warm tone.

How were you modded?

Edited by DrugsBunny

1 minute ago, DrugsBunny said:

@Carl-Richard "Heil Hitler!", said the petulant Nazi in a pleasantly warm tone.

How were you modded?

I was modded by Hitler himself.

I watched the rest of Leo’s Conservatism video. I actually thought that the bulk of it was pretty good, though it went a bit downhill towards the end.

My main objection is that it seems like in Leo’s analysis of worldly matters, what would previously have been referred to as the “cosmic order” of things (Rta, Logos) is replaced with “survival”. This strikes me as a more subtle form of the general tendency nowadays to reduce all higher things to base impulses: similar to the way that Freud reduced everything to libido, Nietzsche to power, psychology in general to “ego development”, Bergson to the “life force” and so on… It’s a degrading inversion whereby, rather than viewing everything as emanating from a divine Source, everything is viewed as nothing more than more or less sophisticated expressions of biological impulses. It’s peculiar that Leo of all people, who otherwise teaches a form of extreme metaphysical idealism, would view things in this way.

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

5 minutes ago, Oeaohoo said:

biological impulses

He dabbles in a more expanded/metaphysical notion of survival. It's the survival of the self-aware ego, the perpetuation of a limited psychological identity.

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

He dabbles in a more expanded/metaphysical notion of survival. It's the survival of the self-aware ego, the perpetuation of a limited psychological identity.

I thought that someone might say that! It still often comes across as being more or less the survival of the physical organism, which I suppose makes sense given that most people are strongly identified with this.