Beyond Words

Cheap And Simple Keto Diet For 1 Meal/day?

4 posts in this topic

What is the cheapest and most simple grocery list or meals that are ketogenic for eating 1 meal/day?

My best solution so far is generating a couple weeks worth of meals on www.eatthismuch.com but the monthly cost is at least 170 usd/month. Is that a reasonable number?

My goal is maximum energy with minimum time. And to make meals 1 week in advance. Less prep time and cooking preferably. 

No idea if 170$ is good in the US market, but I have some other remarks. It's really hard to make a "most simple grocery list" for other people. Even if we ignore personal preference, which alone is going to make you turn over half of a list somebody else would make, there's so many factors. First, there's cooking skill. It's a thing. A friend of mine is unable to cook pasta properly, even with careful guidance. How much stuff can you manage at once. Are you experienced with cutting, or is it gonna take years? That's kind of important, if efficiency is something that's a priority for you. If meal prep is involved, do you have a freezer? How many containers do you have? And then there's availability. Some things you can buy in Europe, you don't get that easily in the US. Prices vary, so maybe you're not going to buy some of the things, because they are rather expensive in your region. Nobody can know how much energy you're going to spend, because schedules shift, calculating TDEE even for yourself is some kind of voodoo.

You get the idea, You have to come up with this stuff for yourself. Energy and time also aren't the only metrics you should consider, especially if you're on keto. If the stuff you're consuming is healthy for you should be the first priority,

I've been eating Keto for 2 years and the quick and cheap foods I eat are things like eggs, butter, fatty meats, vegetables and salad. The issue you'll face is if your storing it in the freezer, and not prepared to make a salad, you'll lose out on a lot of the necessary vitamins and minerals from fresh foods. Microwaving frozen food is less than ideal. Check the Green list on Tim Noakes Banting diet for ideas.

http://go.realmealrevolution.com/banting20lists

Boiled eggs and regular quark with herbs (chives, dill) and salt

Tomatoes and Mozarella cheese + Basilico leaves + Olive oil, Aceto Balsamico, salt 

tomatobasilmozzarellasalad.jpg

Greek salad: Feta cheese, Tomatoes, Olives, Onions, etc.

greek-salad.jpg

Scrambled eggs, Omelette

Joghurt, pure or optionally with lemon juice

Chicken legs

Edited by mostly harmless