Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

Every Time You Solve One Problem You Create New Ones

10 posts in this topic

Humanity created walls to protect themselves from their enemies. They said "YES WE ARE SAFE!!" Then...they created enemies within the walls!!!! The call them criminals!!!!. Then...because they wanted more variety within their walls, they traveled to other civilizations and either traded with them or tried to conquer them and add them to what they have. 

Humanity created a house, with air conditioning, and heating. But this makes it harder for them to deal with the weather outside. So they curse the weather and say....the weather has been bad lately I wish it could stop raining. Then it stops raining and all the crops die and they pray for rain. Then it gets hot and they say its too hot!!! I wish it would stop being so hot!! So then the sun stops shining as much, it rains less, and the crops die off again and then pray for sunlight.

Humanity created vehicles to travel, escalators and elevators so they don't have to walk as much, they grow their own food and they breed their own meat, and then they complain about being fat and overweight. When humanity could barely get enough food they complained about being skinny and how hard it was to get food!! So they complain when they get too much food, they complain when they have too little food.

When people are collectively struggling, they band together and look out for each other because they need numbers and cooperation to survive. When they get a surplus, they steal from each other, sabotage each other, and try to stop the other from advancing more than the other. Humanity creates wireless technology and the internet and increase their ability to connect even better than before!!! Then humanity complains that they are even more disconnected than they were before!!

Why is it that when humanity tries to solve a problem....they create another problem? BECAUSE THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS!!! The only problem... is the BELIEF IN PROBLEMS!!! We all know that if the human race was wiped off from Earth...Earth would function with no issues? So how can there be issues? Humans CREATE ISSUES!! This is so obvious....yet we deny this and pretend that there are still problems!!! 

How long do you want to stay on this hamster wheel? 

Maybe Allan Watts can point to this better than me. He is very poetic and smooth after all.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

1 minute ago, Consept said:

As the late great poet Christopher 'Biggie' Wallace said "Mo money, mo problems"

Yep. Also read this.....they say Steve Jobs may have written it before his death. Its funny how every rich person I have ever studied....realizes the same thing lol. So funny. https://equalman.com/steve-jobs-last-words/

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

16 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Yep. Also read this.....they say Steve Jobs may have written it before his death. Its funny how every rich person I have ever studied....realizes the same thing lol. So funny. https://equalman.com/steve-jobs-last-words/

Yeah it's the same with anything that you think of as a final goal, you only really look at the positive side I'd you don't have it. Like if you think you wa t this perfect partner you might only think of all the great stuff you can do with them, you don't take into account they may have their own wants and needs and it might be hard to fulfill them. I think in general its just the human condition of a hope for something better, I guess we need the realisation that we can accept things as they are. 

Most rich people if not all will see the limits of what wealth can do for them and how much stress it can actually be to hold it. Most lottery winners don't keep the money that long. 

On 11/22/2022 at 1:11 PM, Consept said:

Yeah it's the same with anything that you think of as a final goal, you only really look at the positive side I'd you don't have it. Like if you think you wa t this perfect partner you might only think of all the great stuff you can do with them, you don't take into account they may have their own wants and needs and it might be hard to fulfill them. I think in general its just the human condition of a hope for something better, I guess we need the realisation that we can accept things as they are. 

Most rich people if not all will see the limits of what wealth can do for them and how much stress it can actually be to hold it. Most lottery winners don't keep the money that long. 

Yes!! Exactly!!! The Grass Is Always Greener Is The Ultimate Human Pandemic. In one sense it has led humanity to technological marvels, in another it has led to their constant dissatisfaction. I'm just glad I got to study and be around blessed people who had obtained more of certain things that I wanted in my life, got to see first hand that they were still miserable and learned early on...that ain't it!!! 

For a more out there perspective:

I can't help that think before humans the system of the Earth was in perfect dynamic equilibrium. There were no problems to solve. Then people came along with their fancy imaginations and dreamt a new reality for themselves, and over time pushed the whole thing out of equilibrium. When you have a perfect system any perturbation upsets the whole thing in the wrong direction. Every "problem" people try and solve manifests yet more problems - they are architects of their own misery.

For me the fact that humans have such a large effect on Earth, is the smoking gun for high weirdness in our reality. If the Earth is an organism then why did it choose to kill itself? After all the Earth birthed us. And why am I here to witness it?

Anyway enough woo woo.

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday Let's do some more woo woo:) The cognitive revolution of homo sapiens is a real puzzle for science. Harari writes about this in his book "Sapiens." Man and his history, especially ancient antiquity, hide more mysteries than there are chess openings. Maybe, however, someone intervened here with some ideas about improving this unruly ape ... and it turned out as it turned out. As the saying goes: we wanted the best, and it turned out, as always :)

2 hours ago, LastThursday said:

For a more out there perspective:

I can't help that think before humans the system of the Earth was in perfect dynamic equilibrium. There were no problems to solve. Then people came along with their fancy imaginations and dreamt a new reality for themselves, and over time pushed the whole thing out of equilibrium. When you have a perfect system any perturbation upsets the whole thing in the wrong direction. Every "problem" people try and solve manifests yet more problems - they are architects of their own misery.

For me the fact that humans have such a large effect on Earth, is the smoking gun for high weirdness in our reality. If the Earth is an organism then why did it choose to kill itself? After all the Earth birthed us. And why am I here to witness it?

Anyway enough woo woo.

^ Wow interesting take I like it!! Maybe the human story is that...ultimately that selfishness is its own misery and acceptance is its own reward? That if you ever try to improve a creation you always do harm? But through nurturing a creation you bring it to its highest fulfillment of expression? So instead of trying to change something....nurture it instead? 

1 hour ago, Kuba Powiertowski said:

@LastThursday Let's do some more woo woo:) The cognitive revolution of homo sapiens is a real puzzle for science. Harari writes about this in his book "Sapiens." Man and his history, especially ancient antiquity, hide more mysteries than there are chess openings. Maybe, however, someone intervened here with some ideas about improving this unruly ape ... and it turned out as it turned out. As the saying goes: we wanted the best, and it turned out, as always :)

Maybe our lesson is wanting the best is fine, as its an act of love but maybe the best is to nurture and allow the rest versus controlling and force. I think humans represent the Universe teaching what true love is.

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Maybe the human story is that...ultimately that selfishness is its own misery and acceptance is its own reward?

The selfishness angle is hard to get a handle on I would say. Is a cheetah that kills a gazelle for food acting selfishly? Or is it just that it has no other choice than to be a cheetah? Does that same logic apply to a human?

It seems to be a human's innate flexibility - via copying each other and using imagination (a.k.a culture) - that is the source of its disruptive power over nature. So for example if a cheetah can't find gazelles to eat it will die because it has no problem solving ability, other than what nature gave it. Whereas humans can build on experience and share and record those experiences with each other over time. Evolutionarily that's a huge advantage over other animals. But, the ultimate source of that experience is still nature itself, our "problems" came from that source.

There's this ratchet effect with culture and it builds up (exponentially) over huge timespans. At some point human population densities and numbers get high enough that they start disrupting the dynamic equilibrium of the local environment. Once that happens every "problem" that is solved creates further problems down the line. Instead of being unconscious animals evolved by millions of years of adaptation, we have to start being conscious custodians of the Earth and masters of our own fate.

But a human is no different from a cheetah in that a human has no choice than to be a human. In that sense we aren't selfish.

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

But through nurturing a creation you bring it to its highest fulfillment of expression? So instead of trying to change something....nurture it instead? 

The most nuturing state is that where nature is left to its own devices. So it comes down to really understanding deeply how our imaginations and actions are affecting the dynamic equilibrium of the Earth. Or basically understanding how even good intentions can create bad outcomes in hugely interconnected non-linear systems. After all a farmer will nuture their crop and feed their communities, but at the expense of biodiversity and ecology. The reward here is knowing that every problem solved has a cost (or negative consequence) and being aware of that.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

54 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

The selfishness angle is hard to get a handle on I would say. Is a cheetah that kills a gazelle for food acting selfishly? Or is it just that it has no other choice than to be a cheetah? Does that same logic apply to a human?

It seems to be a human's innate flexibility - via copying each other and using imagination (a.k.a culture) - that is the source of its disruptive power over nature. So for example if a cheetah can't find gazelles to eat it will die because it has no problem solving ability, other than what nature gave it. Whereas humans can build on experience and share and record those experiences with each other over time. Evolutionarily that's a huge advantage over other animals. But, the ultimate source of that experience is still nature itself, our "problems" came from that source.

There's this ratchet effect with culture and it builds up (exponentially) over huge timespans. At some point human population densities and numbers get high enough that they start disrupting the dynamic equilibrium of the local environment. Once that happens every "problem" that is solved creates further problems down the line. Instead of being unconscious animals evolved by millions of years of adaptation, we have to start being conscious custodians of the Earth and masters of our own fate.

But a human is no different from a cheetah in that a human has no choice than to be a human. In that sense we aren't selfish.

The most nuturing state is that where nature is left to its own devices. So it comes down to really understanding deeply how our imaginations and actions are affecting the dynamic equilibrium of the Earth. Or basically understanding how even good intentions can create bad outcomes in hugely interconnected non-linear systems. After all a farmer will nuture their crop and feed their communities, but at the expense of biodiversity and ecology. The reward here is knowing that every problem solved has a cost (or negative consequence) and being aware of that.

I appreciate the response...but I believe the solution...is found in simplicity. I do not believe its found in the concept of a negative consequence. It is human nature to problem solve, as you have suggested. But if all you see is problems...then problems is all you will find. 

I also agree that the most nurturing state is that where nature is left to its own devices...so how do we cooperate WITH nature versus going against it. I think that is our solution. Not seeing how to fix nature, but understand how to become aligned with it. Our perspective I believe is to study how nature works and set our task to facilitating it more. 

The great thing is, majority of the ancient religions had a focus on nature, and I believe humanity is on the trajectory of returning back to that mindset. Basically we are slowly but surely coming back full circle and we are going to integrate everything we currently know with what we used to know. Its funny, what we use to collectively think is primitive, archaic traditions, is going to be the key to our survival.