kray

Cabin fever and socializing

5 posts in this topic

Just spent an ENTIRE majority of the day cooped up alone watching tv and doing other low conscious, introverted things. Came out to get some food and realized just how weird my interactions are. Can cabin fever affect one’s social skills this badly? Like I avoid eye contact with people for some reason, where as during active days I look them straight in the eye. This is weird. Human psychology is weird .

Cabin fever has the requirement of "long confinement or isolation for an extended period of time". I don't think you can get it from just one day inside xD Did your country not have covid lockdowns, or how is it the first time you're experiencing this?

More than likely it was those low-consciousness activities making you ashamed to look people in the eyes, rather than the isolation.

3 hours ago, Yarco said:

Cabin fever has the requirement of "long confinement or isolation for an extended period of time". I don't think you can get it from just one day inside xD Did your country not have covid lockdowns, or how is it the first time you're experiencing this?

More than likely it was those low-consciousness activities making you ashamed to look people in the eyes, rather than the isolation.

Yea, I’m a lot more confident and social when I mediate and dabble in philosophy. Need something to be cocky about.

Add in occasional acid use and only being awake at night and yeah.. socializing becomes weird.

Being human becomes weird.

You forget your own humanity when you don't see its reflection in others.

Doing anything for extended periods of time in a fully absorbed way can do this to you. When i used to play chess 12 hours a day I would get up and talk to someone and the conversation was entirely like a game of chess. “if he says this then these are my options, I’ll say this in response but if that fails ill do this next…”

You’ll hallucinate or think from the place you’ve been thinking from the entire time, it’s conditioning to think a certain way.

socializing a lot you’ll eventually relax and become more extroverted in your experience and thinking process, so you’re conditioned to think in that way.

Thinking state optimizis for whatever activity you’re doing.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?