Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shin

12 Symptoms Of A Spiritual Awakening

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I was just browsing the web when I found an interesting picture which perfectly describe what I've experienced since I've started my spiritual practice.

ob_4f90ad_12-symptoms-of-spiritual-awake

What is/are your struggle(s) in this list, why do you think are you struggling with it/them (the root cause) ?

I think it is a good way to know a bit more about each of us, knowing where we come from and what we have/had to face.

Of course it is a very personal subject, but I encourage anyone to talk, it is always liberating to open up :)

I've personally struggled a lot with all of them for all my life (except for conflict).

8 months ago, I would never believed that I would be able to experience such peace, I was extremely neurotics, thinking that everyone was judging me, and I was judging every actions of every person I met.

I was judging and treating myself badly every day, thinking that I didn't deserve love, that I was a failure, that I will die alone and that I will never achieve anything of importance. I rarely thought about killing myself, but It was a possibility in my mind.

Now for me, my number 1 problem in my life was always about my virginity and my lack of relationship experience. It was a fear so powerful, that just talking to an average girl was impossible until last year.

After slow progress in my self-esteem I decided to have my first girlfriend, to erase that fear and see if a relationship can truly make me happy if everything goes right. It did goes right for 6 month, it was a really nice experience, but I let it go sour.

I somehow knew she would be happier with someone else, so I let her go, I didn't try to change to keep her, I didn't make effort to be someone I was not , I just wanted her to be happy. My intuition was telling me all along that this relationship wasn't what I needed, and that I should focus on my life purpose/spiritual work.

So that's for my trauma, concerning my spiritual work, I was meditating for 2 hours every day, reading a lot about consciousness/non-duality/self-help/psychology, hiking 1 to 2 hours a day comptemplating nature, and the most important, watching my thoughts at every moments, seeing them come and dissolve into the void, trying to locate where they come from while concentrating my "energy" below my belly (centering yourself).

Brute forcing your way to looking at reality with a different outlook is what I'm also still doing, which simply consist by stopping your stream of thoughts and looking at what you see from an holistic kind of viewpoint. You just simply look and try to see the big picture, not focusing on the details/people.

There is a very weird thing that is happening more and more now, reality seems moving "through me", I also see objects and people and kind of feel like they are "empty" and also more alive (especially for objects).

I do have every symptoms by now, and when I think about the person I was just 8 months ago, It is like I was remembering a dream, like none of it was real, like it never happened.

So what's your story ? :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I struggled with social acceptance and how other people view me or label. My children's mother entered depression and began downhill. I accepted that for years before I had understood.

This understanding was to help her not myself however in the path of self help I began to help myself instead.

Soon I realized the energy draining from my self and children and I do one to her. 

So many times I was left alone to care for my children which is my eternal love I started to do 30 day goals over the past year. 

Breaking bad habits and walls with in myself. Now today I feel this strong vibration as if the hair stands up. I feel love for those who hurt and do not understand themselves. 

I love you. I love myself. feed the world our energy. show them the light burning inside and promote happiness and great vegan food to all in my daily    soup and sandwich specials.:)

1 minute ago, SLICKHAWK said:

I struggled with social acceptance and how other people view me or label. My children's mother entered depression and began downhill. I accepted that for years before I had understood.

This understanding was to help her not myself however in the path of self help I began to help myself instead.

Soon I realized the energy draining from my self and children and I do one to her. 

So many times I was left alone to care for my children which is my eternal love I started to do 30 day goals over the past year. 

Breaking bad habits and walls with in myself. Now today I feel this strong vibration as if the hair stands up. I feel love for those who hurt and do not understand themselves. 

I love you. I love myself. feed the world our energy. show them the light burning inside and promote happiness and great vegan food to all in my daily    soup and sandwich specials.:)

I didn't understand it all, but it made me cry,

Thank you :)

God is love

And God in them

Sorry i am hard to understand so I've been told my entire life.. even Leo has told me. lol

9 hours ago, SLICKHAWK said:

9 hours ago, SLICKHAWK said:

Sorry i am hard to understand so I've been told my entire life.. even Leo has told me. lol

I did understand all. You wrote pretty clear and understandable to me.

I write advice not to convert you to my "truth" but for you in hope that something resonates and you are able to further develop your own "truth"

10 hours ago, SLICKHAWK said:

Many of us have probably been told the same thing, but we understand you. Perfectly.

We understand ourselves.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Hello everyone I am new to the forums and still looking around. I saw this post and wanted to respond. I hope everyone has a great day.

As for what I struggle with it is second guessing myself instead of trusting what I feel or just know somehow but still = confusion at least to some degree for the most part. Which at this point in my life is a real bitch lol. I used to judge myself pretty harshly about some things and that I don't do so much anymore.  I also don't worry as much about the things I used to. I wish I had more moments in my life than I had but with a now retired military husband, deployments and 3 kids it was hard not to run on auto pilot. 

Looking back through the pages of my life I can see now what I didn't see then. My childhood was a little unconventional I guess you could say but spirituality and enlightenment was always a part to some degree. Several years ago things started to change in my life and the journey from there to here has been life changing in many ways. A few years ago I went through a very hard time and I went looking for something, anything that would make sense to me because nothing else did. I started seriously meditating and it was really hard for me to focus in the beginning and quiet my mind which goes 24/7. I started lucid dreaming and I never remembered dreams-ever and still don't except for certain ones now and then and sleep paralysis accompanied with what my husband says I am sorta half screaming half screeching but I don't remember doing that but being awake during the paralysis I remember. I began writing again and realized that I'm a pretty strong empath and so many things make sense to me now. I have had so many ah-ha moments of things I have read or seen or just had come to me out of the blue and I just know without a doubt. This I work on daily is just trusting that. I don't like labels so I am not even sure what I would call myself in the way I think, I live, I feel, I am. 

@Shin

Thank you for the list, it's really nice.

Well? I was not gonna write, but I couldn't help it?:

Shin, no offense but, is she a software program or something?? 'you' decided 'she' can be happier with someone else, then led her go; and then she was: "ooh.. himm...ok, so I go" and went away? I mean.. ladies generally don't listen that well and don't follow such orders, as far as I know?

If she was with you for 6 months or so, she might be thinking slightly different than you; are you sure that you are communicating with her in a clear way? Things can be different than what you think. You are funny? probably that's one of the reasons she likes you..

No, my subconscious mind let her go in the sense that I didn't really cared about the relationship anymore.

Consciously I was too weak to let her go, but deep down I knew I had to do it, one way or another.

God is love

And God in them

55 minutes ago, Sevi said:

Oh,I see..

Whatever, you're so cute anyways?

I know, I have a lovely laugh too, but apparently I can't stop it when It comes :D

God is love

And God in them

Sending you the stop button?◀◼▶

In case?