Alicja_

Creating The Vision

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

Is creating the vision supposed to be so difficult? Do you guys struggle with your impact statement? 

I have come up with my values, strengthes, zone of genius, and life purpose. I created a draft of my vision and did my best to keep it detailed and concrete. I used all the worksheets and theory from the LP course to help guide me through the process, about which I was all enthusiastic. When I finished writing and read it to myself, I discovered that I feel very little. It didn't move me at all even though the vision was  idealistic, detailed, and concrete in accordance with my values, strengths, desires, etc. 

So I kept thinking every day and refining the vision for weeks. Contemplating,  digging deep what the hell I want to do exactly with my life. I saw that the main problem was impact statement to my life purpose. Let's say that I love personal development and my zone of genius is deep, critical thinking and open mindedness. So the core part of my vision, including the impact statement, was to help people recover from damages to the psyche, self-actualize and raise their awareness level. I thought becoming a psychologist, getting into therapy was a great idea. I did some research on it and was really very enthusiastic, for a week or two, and then... I felt nothing again. It's like, even though, I love personal development, I feel little passion about the impact. I mean, what the hell, this is exactly the area I'm pulled towards and now I don't feel passionate about any impact I could possibly have. 

Maybe, then, becoming a psychologist is not what I want in the end, right?  Or perhaps deep down I don't believe that I could ever become a good one, that I'm not the right fit,  which supresses all the passion and enthusiasm. It may be possible. I'm also anxious about working with people. So when I write about the impact in my vision, it actually does make me feel anxious. 

May it be likely then that it's a completely different field I'm after- I just don't know what it is yet?

Is it possible to create a compelling vision not knowing the impact one wants to have? Probably not. That's why I feel stuck here. Maybe, I should completely stop thinking about it for some period of time and the answer will come spontaneously on some occassion? Thinking about it on daily basis has been exhausting me recently. 

Does anyone have a struggle of a similar nature? Can anyone relate?

13 minutes ago, Alicja_ said:

Maybe, I should completely stop thinking about it for some period of time and the answer will come spontaneously on some occassion?

Yes, I would do exactly that - let the subconscious process dwell on this for a while, and eventually you'll wake up on some random Tuesday morning with the answer that you seek.

@Alicja_ I think the more your awarness grows, the big your vision will become. So, it is wise to build the vision of your Life Purpose slowly. I think of a life purpose as something related to our personality. 

Insight meditation will give you a great vision of how you should live life.

@Alicja_ You probably won't like this. In the beginning you are talking from your thinking, about your vision.

Then for the rest, you switched to your thinking about other people's thinking.

If you want a satisfying vision, you must first practice your focus to your thinking.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE