Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AndylizedAAY

Meditation, Contemplation, and Purity

6 posts in this topic

How do I tell if my contemplation is pure? In Leo's philosophy video, he mentions that writing can be a distraction and that I should mainly close my eyes and focus on what I am contemplating about. Meditation on the other hand involves emptying the mind which is different from concentration although advanced meditation could also be focusing on awareness itself. How do I actually contemplate without losing focus or wasting my time? How do I choose the question to contemplate on? I have no problem choosing videos to watch but how come I have trouble doing the same with contemplation (this question is different because Leo already answered how to choose one of his videos in one of his older videos)?

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I wanted to add the link and ask how to know what question to choose.

Practice.

Question everything. Turn your whole life into a gigantic question.

When you feel stuck take a psychadelic. Low dose is enough to get "unstuck".

On 11/7/2022 at 8:48 PM, Michal__ said:

Practice.

Question everything. Turn your whole life into a gigantic question.

When you feel stuck take a psychadelic. Low dose is enough to get "unstuck".

@Michal__I am under the age of 21 and phychadelics are illegal in Russia.

3 hours ago, AndylizedAAY said:

@Michal__I am under the age of 21 and phychadelics are illegal in Russia.

Then just practice many hours of concentration.

At least 1 - 2 hours a day. Ideally more.

You can still contemplate.

If you aren't able to answer hard questions then just question something simple at first. Try to find the true reason behind your behavior.

"Why do I do x?" "is it because y?"

Try to really sink into the question.

Contemplation is fundametally impure as long as you haven't learned how to seperate what is true from what is false. 

It's the most basic and the most important skill in this stuff. 

You will improve as long as you value truth. If you don't, then you might go the wrong rabbithole. 

@Michal__ @Edvardas Is contemplation and becoming conscious more of truth an improvement from being conscious of what someone says to be true based on personal examples? How do I contemplate to deepen my understanding even further? An example would be what motivation actually is. I noticed patterns of a thought being steady in my mind and me actually doing it but I didn't notice that this is what motivation actually is until HealthyGamerGG pointed this out and it was important for me to get this kind of self-help at that moment. This video might give you a better idea of what I am talking about and maybe help you give better feedback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QWIxElEnc8

Edited by AndylizedAAY
I couldn't see the embedded video for myself unless I display the video as a link.