Heart of Space

Recipe for Success in Life

27 posts in this topic

@KH2 Look, I apologize for posting something that upset you.  Forgive me and perhaps I'll make it up to you.

@integration journey I appreciate it.  I'm just blunt with a sense of humor.

I do know what I'm talking about.  Every area of my life that a young man dreams of is successful and I built it through a massive amount of hard work, failing first and then succeeding later.  

On 11/8/2022 at 1:49 PM, Heart of Space said:

Another important good strategy.  

Take your absolute sweet time meandering through easy classes at your local community college, maybe work part time.  Bum rent of your parents if you can as long as you can.  Time often is the antidote to lack of discipline or motivation.  If you wait longer until you fully commit to school, you'll likely handle better.  

Getting into a college at 18 and going through a difficult degree is often a huge mistake.  It's okay to take a long time, or till you're even like 28 to finish a degree.  Seriously, it's overrated to stress over the valedictorian strategy of graduating at 24 with a doctorate or something.  

Just don't compare yourself with the best, take your time, use your parents (make it up to them later in life).  Just be smart and use your twenties to get a meaningful education and strategy for your life.   

No one is going to read this, but there's a few meaningful great pieces of advice in this thread.  

For me personally having a comfortable life with a descent job is not why get out of bed in the morning. I want to be a physicist, and that takes a ridiculous amount of learning. I'm kind of rushing things and trying to finish my bachelor's by 22 because a bachelor's is like %5 of the knowledge I want to know at best, so I'm just going fast so I have a good amount of time in my life to do physics before my mind is not as capable or something. 

5 minutes ago, Ninja_pig said:

For me personally having a comfortable life with a descent job is not why get out of bed in the morning. I want to be a physicist, and that takes a ridiculous amount of learning. I'm kind of rushing things and trying to finish my bachelor's by 22 because a bachelor's is like %5 of the knowledge I want to know at best, so I'm just going fast so I have a good amount of time in my life to do physics before my mind is not as capable or something. 

That sounds awesome. 

Man, I'd emphasize more patience though.  Take care of yourself, great intellects often don't peak till old age.  You have plenty of time.  

You know why Albert Einstein didn't innovate much beyond his younger years?  He loved pussy more than physics.  

8 minutes ago, Heart of Space said:

That sounds awesome. 

Man, I'd emphasize more patience though.  Take care of yourself, great intellects often don't peak till old age.  You have plenty of time.  

You know why Albert Einstein didn't innovate much beyond his younger years?  He loved pussy more than physics.  

I know, health is the greatest wealth, and there is no point in becoming a physicist if I don't enjoy the journey. I like the hard work though, I like pushing myself, and I am fairly confident I know how to deal with burnout and not give up.

But I mean I'm pretty sure Einstein wasn't successful in his early years because he was a bad student though. He studied physics independently while being a patent lawyer.

8 minutes ago, Ninja_pig said:

I know, health is the greatest wealth, and there is no point in becoming a physicist if I don't enjoy the journey. I like the hard work though, I like pushing myself, and I am fairly confident I know how to deal with burnout and not give up.

But I mean I'm pretty sure Einstein wasn't successful in his early years because he was a bad student though. He studied physics independently while being a patent lawyer.

It was more a humorous adage to basically tell you to not get too distracted.  It was supposed to be funny.

And Einstein was known as a bit of a philanderer.   

Edited by Heart of Space

1 hour ago, KH2 said:

I'm the one who should apologize to you actually, not really for what I've said, but for the way I was saying it. I was sounding very negative and aggressive towards you. So sorry for that

There's no problem.  I can see what happened and I understand well.  Thank you.