rd5555

Should ground beef be avoided altogether

4 posts in this topic

I have really healthy nutiriton habits in place, but one food i'm unsure about is red meat. I eat a high quality ground beef, i have it for 3 meals every 4-6 weeks.

Should I avoid it altogether?

If it's one of those foods where it's 'harmless to have on occasions' but still sub-optimal, then i'd rather avoid it altogether. 

thank you

It is not one of the better meats to be eating. Consumption of red meat is linked to quite a few issues. However, you are not consuming it that much. If you still want to eat red meat, then I would exchange it for something like venison, bison, or some other form of game meat. It will cost a good bit more, but these are going to be much higher quality. 

I eat read meat every single day. I’ve even done months at a time eating exclusively red meats (carnivore diet).

The studies around red meat consumption causing cancer and other health issues are pretty flawed.

Regardless, I try to consume grass fed organic beef whenever possible. It’s worth spending the extra money on

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I wouldn't eat highly processed, charcoal grilled, or heavily smoked meats on a daily basis. I would argue eating beef once a week is perfectly healthy.  The main damage from meats come from how they are cooked combined with what they are eaten with. Lots of carbs and fat in the same meal can cause problems long term. Basically use common sense. Everyone reacts optimally to different diets based on genetics and blood type.