Jacob Morres

Anyone have any courses on how to provide good emotional support?

4 posts in this topic

I realized that most people are not very good at this. Rarely do I meet someone who can listen really well, empathize, provide unbiased advice, have patience, have good tools to provide etc.  It's not easy to find tbh! 

I felt like I'm lacking in this area too and could really use some training tbh 

Practice doing it for yourself, emotionally supporting yourself & once you get good at doing it for yourself to a point to where it is second-nature to you, it will be a breeze with others. 

Note: Those that it is difficult to help support are those that may be better supported without you because they have much to learn on their own time. Or if you find it difficult to support them/yourself whilst with them, you may have much to learn from them. Once you can emotionally support yourself, your intuition/gut will be able to better help you gage who you can & cannot help support & to what degree.

Good questions you can ask yourself:

"What makes me feel emotionally supported?"

"What do I think of when I think of 'Good emotional support'"?

"What is emotional support to me?" 

"How emotionally-supported do I feel right now?" "Why?" "How can I improve?"

On 11/5/2022 at 4:01 PM, Zion said:

Practice doing it for yourself, emotionally supporting yourself & once you get good at doing it for yourself to a point to where it is second-nature to you, it will be a breeze with others. 

Note: Those that it is difficult to help support are those that may be better supported without you because they have much to learn on their own time. Or if you find it difficult to support them/yourself whilst with them, you may have much to learn from them. Once you can emotionally support yourself, your intuition/gut will be able to better help you gage who you can & cannot help support & to what degree.

Good questions you can ask yourself:

"What makes me feel emotionally supported?"

"What do I think of when I think of 'Good emotional support'"?

"What is emotional support to me?" 

"How emotionally-supported do I feel right now?" "Why?" "How can I improve?"

Great questions man got me on a good thinking exercise