Bruins8000

Infinite Experiencing Form- why?

6 posts in this topic

Why does THIS need to experience the duality of form? Why not stay rooted in the infinite perfection of no separation? 

Yes I know ultimately form and formlessness are one but it still begs the question- why go through the troubles and struggles of form? I don’t subscribe to theories/ideas that THIS was bored and wanted to explore itself. Putting the attribute of being bored on the ALL seems like a fairytale to me. I don’t think the ALL gets bored like a human.

The reason it experiences form is so that it can someday contemplate why it experiences form

Describe a thought.

33 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

How else can infinity express itself?  

My reply would be- why does it need to express itself?

This puts forth an idea of a 1.) THIS, 2.) the need to express, and 3.) the expression. That appears to be dualistic…

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

The reason it experiences form is so that it can someday contemplate why it experiences form

Again I’d say the idea of 1.) THIS 2.) contemplating 3.) why it experiences form seems very dualistic to me. It shouldn’t need to do anything or want anything 

Formless experience really isn’t that different from formed experience. Honestly, formless experience is just another flavor of form. They really are two sides of the same coin. 

“Any kind of consciousness whatever, whether past, future, or present, internal or external, gross or subtle, inferior or superior, far or near — a disciple of mine sees all consciousness as it actually is with proper wisdom thus: ‘This is not mine, this I am not, this is not my self.’” - the Tathāgata

Out of love for itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.