Razard86

Self-Righteousness, the Ego's Sneaky Attempt To Control Others

5 posts in this topic

What is Self-Righteousness? Self-Righteousness is the Ego's Sneaky Little BackDoor To Take Control When It Feels Threatened and Delude Itself Into Thinking That It Is Doing The Right Thing.

This sneakiness is the cause of the Holy Wars, of Witch Trials, and Parents telling their kids what careers they should do, what religion they should worship, and what race they should marry into etc.

The Ego likes to portray itself as the only sane one in the room. The one that sees things as they really are. The Ego believes it has the ultimate absolute truth and everyone needs to listen.

How does this play out?

*Admonishment: How dare you!!! You should know better!! Everyone knows you are supposed to do this and that!! Shame on you!! Straighten Up!!! 

*Superiority: I don't know why others act like that. They should act like this, but noooo they are so stupid and selfish and silly, and childish.

*Need To Be Right: Even when evidence is presented that the person made an error, or maybe they are guilty of the same thing they are accusing another of they deflect, claim its different, or completely ignore that point altogether. 

Now I am not going to be a hypocrite and act like I don't do any of the above....lol I do...a lot actually. Particularly the Superiority bit with my friends, its an old habit and truthfully just something done for entertainment and giggles. I often laugh when people try to present this pious holy than thou attitude....get off of it lol!!! Most of you ain't holy and even the one who is...its just an act. Once you realize that everything in existence is just acting out a role, you won't take these things so seriously.

Anyway....pay attention if you see yourself displaying any of these characteristics or you see it in others. Its okay for shits and giggles but when it comes to things like judging others...recognize you are being a hypocrite. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Nothing wrong with calling out behavior you don't agree with, but once you start judging others.....lol you are being delusional.

Now you can be delusional if that is your choice, but recognize....only a devil judges, God/Infinite Love accepts everything.

Also.....watch this video from Leo....maybe it will loose up some of that judgment.

If you know of any other examples of self-righteousness? List them here!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Here is another one I found.

Bigot= a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

What people don't understand is.....this is an identity game. Because membership of a particular group can be ANYTHING. It can be part of ideological camp, such as a person who houses a particular belief. So a person who thinks trans are bad, to a transperson they are a bigot, but to the transphobic person the person who disagrees IS A BIGOT!! Both are pointing at each other calling the other bigot!!!

Its an identity game. And an elaborately juicy one as well. People get very emotionally vested into these ego dramas, not understanding...how history works and why people believe what they believe. Sometimes I forget myself but because I have studied history....and I have talked to OLD PEOPLE I am reminded that people's beliefs are entangled with the time period they are born in. 

Its interesting....transpeople want transphobic people to be open-minded but they themselves lack the open-mindedness necessary to understand why the transphobic people think the way they do. The most liberated I ever became before Spirituality is when I stopped caring as a Black Man if someone hated or thought less of me for the color of my skin. It was utterly and completely liberating. Housing that hatred inside....its not healthy. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Yes, good topic. I'm planning a video on self-righteousness. It's a very sneaky form of self-deception.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

The Ego likes to portray itself as the only sane one in the room. The one that sees things as they really are. The Ego believes it has the ultimate absolute truth and everyone needs to listen.

leo_2_small.png.ac38bc51ad8da6eae1c1aec6

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

leo_2_small.png.ac38bc51ad8da6eae1c1aec6

Lol Oh come off it SOUL every human that has ever lived engages in this. 

But....that bit of putting that picture of Leo looking up at that very phrase I wrote...was GOLDEN!!!

But yeah again...I do it, and on some level at some point in time we all do it. But....that was very good comedic timing. Take a bow Soul take a bow!!! Lol!!

Edited by Razard86