alyra

Lazyness!

6 posts in this topic

this video is striking me as very important for me right now. 

I mean, there are a lot of important things regarding actualization! just, this one is really hitting home. I've been having a lot of difficulty with, focus, motivation, being on track, having a sense of purpose. 

It is bed time so I will finish it tomorrow. but I'm going to write some thoughts down now that are on my mind. 

one of the things about life purpose that's been beating me down, is my lack of feeling a purpose. I think someone on this site was what pointed the way to this idea or maybe it was in this video but - l am thinking, that life is not 100 years. life is NOW. life purpose is NOW purpose. Life is the now moment. So right now, my purpose is to get myself in the motions of earning money to fund for my endeavors. so that I can make endeavors, which require money. this is my life purpose. in some other now moment, it will be a more deeper/inspirational purpose. but in the now moment I am in, this is my purpose. I am driven by it even! but in thinking with the wrong perspective, I have been undermining it. 

the other thought on my mind is - trying to understand what Leo's going on about in the beginning of the video - maybe re-investigating this upon waking tomorrow, or when watching the video and completing it, might help clarify my thoughts but - the question is - long-term v short term laziness - and the lazy person in the basement binging shows and trashy food, versus the highly accomplished person losing motivation - and Leo's self-example of taking the day slow not really feeling into doing the work he's laid out for the day - and my own laziness, which isn't directly any of those things, but also is all of those things. I do a lot of reflection and contemplation - but not forming meditation habits, not focussing. even when I do lay out tasks for me - if I'm productive, it's doing other tasks on my mind that I haven't laid out. or, I run into obstacles of resistance to acting. which, has been something I've noticed elsewhere - when talking with that one psych who wanted to do a breathing technique with me, I didn't want to act it out right there and then. or on the phone when anticipating a phone call - I know that it is frustrating and resist doing it.  these are the things on my mind - not framed in a good question, and what's running around in my mind isn't in words so I haven't really expressed my thinking exactly well for you the responder to my post, sorry ;)

so to frame the responses - understand that this is mostly me making a note in a way that will be where I'll run into it if I need the note :D by the time I visit this site again, inevitably, there will be someone who's quoted or tagged me, and so I'll beall like "OMG RIGHT FOCUS TEAGAN FOCUS"

thanks for the assistance ;) also, all thoughts, ideas, relatabilities, and jokes are welcome of course. 

@aryberry even i'm struggling this guess self acceptance is my only option... Cause this work is causing my neurotic mind to come in the light.

Awareness may also be curitive. 

try using the life purpose course, it may help

Edited by Son of leo

no money. I would use the course. I needed a printer this month, and next month my spare money will be tied up in something else too. I need results now :)

I am hoping awareness is curative - but even my awareness is unpracticed. 

good tips on both accounts, thanks to both.

Leo talks of Cycles, and projects cycles that are 2, 3, 5 years - this was startling. the cycles I had noticed are only within the time length of a few days, week, or month. also, earlier I had commented about how right now my life purpose is in the Now timing, moreover, within the next few months and year. In both these regards, I am focusing on a much shorter term than is being suggested. 

I do not think it is smart for me to just up and expect that to change - let alone that it is necessarily the path I take. For the time being my habits and skills operate on this short term - and even this is longer-term than I've been operating in the past. I do wish to increase my depth of vision into the future - but it is a very interesting point to compare it to my laziness. My drives dissipate too quickly. 

I also noticed he mentioned success habits. what are those? I do not imagine those. I build up habits that succeed in producing outcomes. and I test new habits to see if they stick. in a way, I am unfocused on my habits. 

he mentions then, the example of a writer, and how if she is to succeed then she has a habit of sitting down and writing. In a way, the goals which I do not achieve, I do not break them down where they can be thought of as a habit. it is difficult to imagine a habit that applies to a 15-minute task however, and often I procrastinate simple 15-minute tasks. however wait - it is possible to establish a habit of doing a 15-minute tasks. Currently, I work in washing dishes into the routine of eating - if I prepare a meal, then I wash dishes. comparably I could say - after looking at my journal which lists my intended tasks, then I will first complete a 15-minute task right away. the longer-term or more complex plans, I will do second, to make sure I do a small task right away in the morning. 

of course I love his advice at the end of the video :o don't really need to comment on it, he says it pretty effective.