Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Illusory Self

How do I forgive myself for my past complacency

5 posts in this topic

I am 26 and have a lot of knowledge in person development but I spent years just in endless theorizing on how to get better and I did not take any action. It is like I have this horrible feeling of looking back and almost wish I would of started taking action at 20 to improve my life. I suppose I had a lot of inner issues which made it hard. 

I guess I sometimes beat myself up for wasting my life up until this point, especially with all the knowledge I feel I have. Material reality does not really reflect that. 

How do I forgive myself for my past mistakes with really not putting any personal development theory into practice. I want to completely let go of my past.. 

1 hour ago, Illusory Self said:

I want to completely let go of my past..

Can you set a goal to let it go completely in one month? If not, what about two months? How about one year? 

Make it a grand event. Make it a funeral, a rebirth. Shave your head. Do something that marks you completely letting go of these 26 years. Spinning 26 times, for example. Thinking about all that theorising. One mistake a year, one mistake a spin. And genuinely do the purification process, inside - because this is on a feeling level. 

It's mostly related to patterns that generate emotions. We have a thought, thought generates emotion, we interact with the emotion in predictable pattern ways. Burying yourself extinguishes a lot of the force to the patterns. A lot of it is a question of identity. 

"Think of yourself as dead. You have lived your life. Now take what's left and live it properly. What doesn't transmit light creates its own darkness."

Edited by Kshantivadin

May your 27th spin generate a force that is impervious to these negative feelings ?

Edited by Kshantivadin

Take action today and everyday going forward and just forget about it

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"