Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmcnicho

Blockages on Ayahuasca

4 posts in this topic

I’ve experienced strong blockages on ayahuasca twice now.  It felt like there was something within me preventing me from accessing the deeper levels.  I’m confused because at roughly equivalent mushroom doses I’ve never had this problem, and I’m wondering if there’s a reason for this.  I had the intuition while feeling blocked that it has something to do with ayahuasca being more “direct”, although I’m not sure if this is accurate.

I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on this before making a third attempt.  I made a list of potential things I could be afraid of, but none of them necessarily felt like the complete answer.  It seems odd to me that I would react so differently to two very similar molecules.

Also, I’m wondering if the process of being blocked like this while tripping could be damaging in some way.  Maybe it’s a sign to wait until I’ve developed more before trying again

You're probably not ready to go where she wants to take you.

Sometimes Ayahuasca will push the mind to let go of something that is held deep in the psyche and the body, but the mind won't let go.

It is ok, it happens. Listen to your intuition and your body and know when drink more or do another ceremony. You might even take a long break before next ceremony. See what feels right for you. Be gentle with yourself.

Just keep contemplating the blockages. 

It took me several times using Ayahuasca to have a deep "letting go" experience. 

It was so powerful and utterly jaw dropping of the trauma I've held inside of myself. 

Once it crept up inside of me, it was also sinister because it was all trauma all at once that I had to face. 

it's going to take more than two times to know what's holding you back. 

And yes, it's probably a sign to take a break a bit and contemplate.

Otherwise, microdosing is good too. It'll help you think clearly.