Son of leo

How To Not Feel Bored?

5 posts in this topic

I'm feeling bored all the time even though their are lots of works to do.. 

41 minutes ago, Abhijeet Singh said:

How To Not Feel Bored?

Miss the present and you live in boredom. Be in the present and you will be surprised that there is no boredom at all. That’s what meditation is all about. 

Boredom is a punishment from the mind to you if you are not doing anything. And the greatest problem for the meditator is boredom. But if you can sit absolutely unconcerned about boredom — let the boredom be there — if you don’t get disturbed by the boredom, within three to nine months’ time the boredom will disappear.

What exactly is meditation? Facing boredom is meditation. What does a meditator go on doing? Sitting silently, looking at his own navel, or watching his breathing, do you think he is being entertained by these things? He is utterly bored! That’s why in meditation one feels sleepy. The whole effort in meditation is this: be bored but don’t escape from it; and keep alert, because if you fall asleep you have escaped. Keep alert! Watch it, witness it. If it is there, then it is there. It has to be looked into, to the very core of it. In fact, the meditators are the only people who destroy boredom completely. 

You're only bored because you anticipate there being something more rewarding to be doing. Something more stimulating and exciting. Boredom is also the consequence of being uncomfortable with stillness, or just being. If you can get more comfortable with not being stimulated then you will be more at peace when you are still. You will not feel bored. Incidentally, notice that no form of stimulation or excitement gives a lasting result. It always passes and you always end up back here.. bored. So you need to learn how to be comfortable with not being stimulated and just being with the present moment. That is the only way you will stop feeling boredom.

Meditation is a great way to overcome boredom. The more you meditate the more you will crave stillness and appreciate not doing, more than doing.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Curiosity is the cure ;) 

I myself used to suffer from "boredom" but it in itself is stupid.

Learn to take a genuine interest in life, in everything it encompasses. I mean we all should in all honesty be shocked to death just to realise how much the world holds. I mean there is so much you can learn and explore, every minute,  not necessarily through books or audios but mainly from experiences and observations even if it is for fun and not necessarily "grows" you although that's rare. I mean I actually recommend you to observe deeply say people the next time you're in the bus or be more mindful the next time you're eating. This way you'll learn to be more in the moment. 

There's so much to know and learn otherwise as well. You can literally be fascinated by any subject you wish. So take up more reading or having new experiences. You can also go for deep introspection. But I suppose until and unless you're not happy in simply being and living the present moment, without any external something, it will be difficult just like everyone else in this thread stated. That is something I myself am trying to include more in my life and it's beautiful. So try being more mindful and just.. being.

P.S. nice display name I must say