Thought Art

Let’s talk about respecting money

23 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2022 at 5:52 PM, Thought Art said:

What does respecting money mean to you? 

In the past I was very foolish with money. I didn’t really respect it, I sort of hated it in a sense. I was sort of a pie in the sky hippy at times. When I had money, I spent it on things I needed for my life purpose like courses, books, gear, etc

i also spent a lot of weed when I was in my early 20’s.

For example one time I wasted money on expensive pillows and bedsheets because I had a vision of the importance of sleep and the quality of your sleeping supplies (which I stand by… but I spent too much honestly). 

I’ve had opportunities looking back to save like 70% of my income and I didn’t do that. 

Honestly in the past my careless, disrespectful, foolish, reckless spending makes me ashamed of myself. I mean, I never really earned that much money before and when I had it I always had something I wanted. 

Sometimes I even get hit by waves of shame about how I treated money in the past. 

This year I have been reading lots of books on finance and about a year ago I graduated from college as an accountant. I realized that my lack of financial intelligence, understanding, systems and behaviour really fucked me in my life purpose. 

I love that I work with money everyday and I love reading about wealth, personal finance and financial psychology because I realize now how foundational it is. 

I even took a finance class when I was in highschool, but unfortunately I didn’t apply what I learned because of these unconscious limiting beliefs I had around money, and honesty even my ability to succeed in life. Looking back this was very foolish. 

I have learned a lot this year about the importance of being skillful with your money and respecting it deeply. My goal now is to really value HAVING money and not the things it can buy you. 

I still have so many courses I want to buy online, and things for my house, and a motorcycle and etc etc…. But, what I really want now… is a fat bag of gold coins. 

I am wondering what your journey with money has been like, and if you ha e grown at all what has been your process and where are you now?

I’ll make a list of the books I’ve been reading here shortly as others may find them interesting. 

I love myself and because of this I am taking hard looks at all the areas of my life. I have been foolish, reckless, ignorant and too stoned at times to really  respect myself as God, and as a powerful creator of my life. 

All my foolish mistakes of the past will be alchemized into pure Gold of my future self.

Love this post, I'm still struggling with money also. What are the key differences the way you treat your money now vs. before? 

Yeah you respect money by not wasting it.

And having money around is helpful. Especially if you want peace of mind.

I think it is a very personal topic. Some people with a steady job will have a different relationship with money than people who are self employed.

Also be mindful of all the ways you keep money away from you, because you are afraid of it and its implications.

❤️

Learning how to buy a first and then second property seems to be the only important financial goal that is present in my life at this point. And then to trade those in for more expensive properties etc. to make more and more money off of them.