Mondsee

Experience With Mission Statements?

5 posts in this topic

Hey! does someone here has a Mission Statement?

Do you use it regularly? Has it helped you? Do you recommend it? Any tips are welcome!

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

mine is to be happy now. 

might sound philosophical, simple, or pompous, but i find anger blocks all great ideas, being happy now is no simple task.   i've not found a more impactful mission statement, and I've heard many

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Hey @Nahm thank you for your answer! I'm specifically referring to a document where you write down several aspects and aims of yourself and review it every day. Leo has a video where he explains the concept and shares his mission statement back then.

I did one long ago, but then forgot to review it every day. As I am considering to update it and start reviewing it I'd like to hear experiences from others. Did it help you? didn't it? which format did you use? etc.

:)

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

Ok if I may?.... try to document one. one idea or mission per 7 days to 30 days this way one goal is achieved. break down each wall in one goal.one. now I find everyone wants a pill to understand.:) this is a goal that must be achieve however ready this path you must understand first.

@SLICKHAWK Thank you for the idea! I usually keep my goals in to-do lists and don't focus on a single one, which might be indeed very helpful. Here I was looking for opinions on a slight different matter tough, but apparently not many people familiar with Mission Statements have come across this post.

The idea is, you write a document with some characteristics and goals of yourself, among others, very general and permanent ones, that are supposed to apply during your entire life. Those big ideals and motivations you have that will probably never change. Also some feelings that you want to feel and what your strengths are, etc. That document you review and slightly edit every single day, preferably as part of your morning routine, that way you'll be in line with all that during your day.

I wanted to hear from someone if reviewing a Mission Statement every day been helpful in their daily lives.

In any case I take away your focus-on-one goal idea ;)