Diane

From Half-assed Medical Student To Worldclass Cardiologist

449 posts in this topic

Things I'm excited about today:

• Starting a new internship!! :D
  • Being conscious;
  • Being open to life! :)

Amazing things that happened today:

• Apparently I was the first to answer a particular question asked by the doctor I'm doing the internship with. It actually was a basic maths problem but I was the first and therefore the best!!! :D
  • I ran!! I'm pretty sure I won't be having so much resistance towards running anymore, mostly because I'm conscious that this month I need to have as much energy as possible to prepare for the exams I have in July.. Oh extrinsic motivation!! xD
  • Authenticity is becomnig a second nature to me!! :) 
  • I learned to ask for help!! It's such a relief to know and believe that I don't have to figure everything out myself, people are actually eager to help!! 

Ways I could have made today better:

• Studying.

Ways I got closer to becoming a wordclass Cardiologist:

• Going on with the life purpose course.. -1!!! :D 

What I learned:

• To be grounded.

• Studying studying studying!!! :D
  • Having fun with some friends this evening!! :D
  • Being a  Diva!! xD

;)

Edited by Diane

• I studied all day long!! :)
  • I ran in the rain, it was actually easier than the other days!! :D
  • I spent a lovely night out with some friends, I'll be seeing them tomorrow too.. I've just realized that I actually manifested both tonight's and tomorrow's events through my vision board!! xD

• Being more focused during the afternoon.

• Studying;
  • Preparing for the written part of the bar exam.

What I learned:

• Vision boards are dangerous weapons: they manifest themselves without even notifying you!! xD

• Continuing to manifests things!!! :D A few minutes ago while trying to solve a problem with my mum's mobile phone I started updating my gratitude journal. Among other things I wrote that I was grateful for having found a solution for that problem. After that I found it in a matter of seconds!!! I had been trying to figure it out for almost an hour and then there it was, unbelievable!!
  • Meeting the head physician I contacted a few days ago. :) 
  • This night's latino dance party!!! :D

• I saw 11:11 again!!! :x:D:x
  • The conversation I had with the head of Cardiology was very useful and inspiring. There was also a friend of mine's father who was a psychiatrist, he gave me great advices too!! The universe keep telling me to look beyond Italy... I think that if I don't do something in that direction soon stones will start being thrown to me to better remind me of this possibility.. xD
  • I spent a lovely night out with a group of friends, again!! :D

• Studying more.

• Studying.

What I learned:

• To be happy with what is.

• The retreat I'm going to this afternoon!! :) We're going to be talking about love, I think it will be very interesting!!!
  • Studying?! xD
  • Making today a masterpiece!!! ^_^

• The mini retreat started very well!
  • Right now I'm prioritizing sleep.
  • I was authentic and followed my heart.

• Studying.

• No one.. :|

What I learned:

• To always keep the ultimate objective in mind.

Things Is excited about today:

• Meditating in nature!! 
  • This:

P_20160605_080332.jpg

P_20160604_173828.jpg

I don't know if you can sense it from the picture but those roses are amazingly beautiful, it's as if I could feel their beauty!! :x

• Being focused and present. :)

Edited by Diane

This dropping shoulds thing is as hard as liberating.. This morning I woke up feeling that I shouldn't have fallen asleep when yesterday evening I laid down to listen to the last five minutes of Leo's video (I shouldn't have gone to bed after dinner with the idea of staying in bed for just a few minutes in the first place...). Then I should have gotten out of bed when I was awake for a moment at 2am.. But here I am, nothing of that happened and I woke up at 4:30, which is actually the hour I want to get up every day at!! 

Talking about funny things, yesterday I realized that I am a little bit stressed in this period.. When I'm stressed it usually manifests itself as a mild form of angular cheilitis. When it appeared a few days ago initally I didn't understand why because I wasn't feeling as bad as in the past and I was like "how can I be stressed with all the self development work that I'm doing!?!". xD Finally yesterday at the end of the retreat I realized that the problem is that I feel that I should do more than I'm currently doing, which is actually very close to the best that I can physically do.. "Realistic expectations" right?!

Things I'm excited about today:

• Giving my all and being ok with whatever it is!
  • Learning new things at he internship. The surgeon I am with asks tons of questions, I don't always have the answers but at least I get to learn something new!! :) 
  • Running!!! :D 

I FINISHED THE LIFE PURPOSE COURSE!!! :D:D:D Now let's go back to work... xD

• Learning, learning and learning!! The surgeon I'm doing the internship with gave me a great insight yesterday: I need to be more pragmatic and stop answering questions as if it was an exam. Those times are gone, it's time to do the work and be real now!! :) He also said that one starts really studying only after graduation, interesting!!!
  • Restarting all my routines from scratch, the past few days have been pretty difficult from that point of view...
  • Being happy with what is.
Edited by Diane

It's Friday!!! xD

This week has been quite intense and different from the others because I had to stand still in the operating room for most of the time and the internship finshed in the late afternoon so that when I got home I didn't have much time nor energies to study and do my routines. I didn't run either.. As a consequence my anxiety level increased a little, nothing serious though.

On the hand I learned a lot in the operating room, books really can't describe anatomy as it actually is!!! Today I also helped my tutor with the two surgical operations he had to do, it was amazing!!! It's as if Cardiology was the love of my life and Surgery a little crush that never loses its charm as I don't hang out with it too much... ^_^

• It was sunny so I went to the internship by bike!! :D
  • I was confident!!i
  • While I was "operating" there was some very nice background music (an entire playlist of my favorite Italian singer, Jovanotti, and then Alicia Keys, Beyonce and Rihanna)!! :D

• Studying more and preparing for the written part of the bar exam;
  • Running.

• Being very focused at the internship.
  • Studying.

What I learned:

• To direct my joy.
Edited by Diane

• Studying studying studying!!!
  • Running.
  • Being focused.

Dare to be white

I spent the past hour and a half watching some Richard Grannon's videos (thank you @Natasha!! :)).. I was attracted to the topic "Getting rid of toxic parents" for the fact that I was feeling sad and bitter because of a comment my father indirectly made about me.. One of the things Grannon referred to was the meaning of the lotus flower in Buddhism: the idea of blooming through suffering (I'm aware that I don't know what real suffering is but still..). So I decided to use the image of a lotus flower as my profile picture. I firstly had chosen a pink one, then I saw a white one and my first thought was: "Me? I can't be a pure white lotus, I'm too soiled to be a white lotus!!". So I challenged myself to dare to be white (and more loving and caring of myself!). 

• I ran!!! :D 
  • I definitely was focused on studying.
  • I'm gradually learning to accept and even befriend fear and resistance. We're in this together so we might as well be kind to one another.. Right, friends?! ;) 

• Being more cheerful!!! 

• Studying and preparing for the written part of the bar exam.

What I learned:

• To challenge my map of realty, as Richard Grannon says it.. Maybe it's because of the fact that I didn't meditate every day this week, anyways in the past few days I found myself denying reality as it is and being angry for what is not as I would like it to be.. The map is not the territory and that's perfectly fine.

• Being ok with what is;
  • Giving my best to everything I do;
  • Money!!! :D

• Being ok with what is. Repetita iuvant as my anatomy professor always said.. 
  • Being authentic;
  • Being proactive.

Like an ovary

I was thinking about the concept of being detached from results and this image came into my mind: it's like being an ovary that works incessantly throughout the whole month to produce a single egg cell that most of the times doesn't even get used.. And then the cycle starts again, till the end of the ovary's "active" life... We should definitely give more credit to our ovaries!!! xD

• I did everything I had and wanted to do with ease, I just surrendered to it and it was amazing!!!
  • This:
     It's so beautiful it hurts!!!
  • I see repeating 1s more and more often!!!

• Expressing and exposing myself more.

• Going to the internship;
  • Studying.

What I learned:

• The beauty of just doing things without thinking too much.

• Being positive!!
  • Being mindful of the importance and the impermanence of every moment I get to live.
  • Growing!! ^_^

• Even if I was tired after the internship I went directly to the library to study for a bit.
  • In spite of the weather forecast it didn't rain, at least not on me!! xD
  • I'm more and more committed!! :) 

• Waking up earlier and reviewing some questions of the bar exam's written part.

• Going to the internship;
  • Studying.

What I learned:

• I'm not superwoman, yet, but I'm on my way!!! ^_^

• That  the medicine I took for my headache starts working!!!
  • Being energetic!!
  • This evening's group meditation.