Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

I am having trouble mentally dealing with so much uncertainty out there in the world

9 posts in this topic

Top COVID experts all over the world said last year that the COVID pandemic was going to be over by the end of last year. Then, the delta variant wave of the virus unexpectedly occurred. This was unexpectedly followed by the Omicron variant wave. The experts then said that the pandemic will probably be over by around Spring or Summer of this year. However, that of course turned out to not be the case, given the unexpected rise of the new subvariants of Omicron, particularly BA.5 that have been prevalent since Summer 2022. The B.A. 5 wave around the world is finally coming to an end. Yet, now Europe and other parts of the world have recently been dealing with another wave of new omicron subvariants, including BQ.1, BQ.1.1 and BF.7. Fauci and other COVID experts in the US in recent weeks have been telling the American public to be prepared for this newest wave of variants to arrive in the US by late Fall/early winter. Yes, this is still a new virus that even the best experts out there still don't fully understand or know, which is why they have been failing to predict the end of the pandemic crisis. Yes, lockdowns have no longer been needed since last year and are never coming back in any part of the world ever again (except in China). Yes, the death rates and hospitalization rates all around the world have kept improving significantly over time ever since beginning of the crisis, thanks to the constant improvement in the vaccines and the covid pills like Paxlovid. Nevertheless, this crisis has already been going on for almost 3 years now and is still not over. That means that this crisis is taking much longer to end than it took the Spanish Flu pandemic crisis from over 100 years ago to end. So, that's now one big worldwide problem that we don't know will ever end for good.

Another major uncertainty out that's been around for almost 2 years now, is state of the global economy and what is going to happened to it a year or two from now. Last year, the general consensus of top economists and central banks in every developed country said last year that inflation was transitory and that it would come back down to normal levels by either the end of last year or the beginning of this year. Then, at the beginning of 2022, the general consensus of economists and central bank officials changed to to saying that they realized that they were wrong about the inflation issue being totally transitory and how it would end relatively soon. There have been a few economists, including Larry Summers and Mohammed El-Erian, who correctly assessed last year and in the beginning of this year about inflation largely not being transitory and that the US economy got too overheated by both excess fiscal stimulus and significant mistakes made in monetary policy. Now those same economists who called it right have been constantly saying since around Spring 2022 that the US and the rest of global economy will very likely enter into a serious recession within the next 1-2 years. Even Fed Chair Powell, recently announced to the American public that unfortunately the Fed now has no choice but to cause some rise in unemployment and even lower economic growth in the near term in order to aggressively tamp down inflation in the US. Powell also said that this might cause the US to be in a recession in 2023 or 2024. I am very worried about what that's going to mean economically for many people in the world and what the political ramifications will be for Biden and the Democrats for the midterms coming up and the 2024 general election. 

Then, there is the War in Ukraine. It's a tragedy that this war is happening. It's especially became terrible timing when the war began at a time when the world was and still is in the midst of the COVID pandemic crisis and inflation. I am impressed with the Ukrainians being able to successfully hold off Russia from taking over their country this long, but this war has been going on so much longer than we expected it would be with no end in sight. Countless amounts of innocent casualties have already been dying from this war and the longer this fight continues the more innocent people will die in Ukraine. Also, the longer this war keeps going on, the more possible oil price shocks and food prices shocks will happen all around the world for God knows how long. Not only has this made the inflation problem all around the world even worse. It also has further increased the risk of a serious global recession. Plus, it has made the world hunger problem worse. Not to mention that because this war has been going on much longer than anyone would've ever anticipated and because Russia has been surprisingly struggling to win the war, the threat of nuclear warfare is now at the highest it has ever been since the Cuban Missile Crisis in the early 60s.

I am also very concerned about China still not ending its constant lockdowns and how that will continue to negatively affect the global economy a year or two from now. Moreover, with regard to China, I am concerned about what will happen to the world if China does invade Taiwan in the near future, now that Russia has already invaded Ukraine.

Furthermore, I am nervous about what will happen to the US if the Democrats lose control of at least one if not both chambers of Congress after the upcoming midterm elections. I am even more nervous about what will happen to the US and perhaps the rest of the world, if the Republicans ultimately regain control of the House, Senate, and the Presidency by 2024. 

I know that there's nothing much I can really do about any of these situations, but I've been trying my best for months now to tell myself that everything will be okay and that the future may turn out better than I fear, but it's not working for me.

Edited by Hardkill

You can do as much as you can in the relative what pleases you to do to move things/influence things, and then just drop the rest/worry because it's not within your control. The finite will always come and go, but you're not the finite, just appears to be.

I know easier said than done where you are at perhaps. This is a play in yours/God's dream, waking up to this could help you recontextualize all this. ;) 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

20 minutes ago, puporing said:

You can do as much as you can in the relative what pleases you to do to move things/influence things, and then just drop the rest/worry because it's not within your control. The finite will always come and go, but you're not the finite, just appears to be.

I know easier said than done where you are at perhaps. This is a play in yours/God's dream, waking up to this could help you recontextualize all this. ;) 

Yeah, but what if the worse of all of these things do happen? How will we be able to live with all of that?

We don't have any national heroes or any charismatic leaders out there who are able to inspire us with hope and confidence about the future of the world, like how FDR or Winston Churchill were able to during WWII or JFK was able to during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Hell, I wish that Obama was still our US president. 

Edited by Hardkill

11 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Yeah, but what if the worse of all of these things do happen? How will we be able to live with all of that?

Well there's nothing really wrong in the absolute sense if you do live through it or not. Eg, species go extinct all the time. I'm not saying that'll happen but just if that's the "worst case", then so it is. You as God remain and will keep on dreaming/experiencing.

The thing to work through is to become detached to your form as your current one right now and what it all entails, whilst seeing its full beauty.

11 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

We don't have any national heroes or any charismatic leaders out there who are able to inspire us with hope and confidence about the future of the world, like how FDR or Winston Churchill were able to during WWII.

You have much power too because Consciousness is connected. The best option would be to be that leader yourself in your own way(s) that calls to you. What you put out has a ripple effect. And accept the rest as it is.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

18 minutes ago, puporing said:

Well there's nothing really wrong in the absolute sense if you do live through it or not. Eg, species go extinct all the time. I'm not saying that'll happen but just if that's the "worst case", then so it is. You as God remain and will keep on dreaming/experiencing.

The thing to work through is to become detached to your form as your current one right now and what it all entails, whilst seeing its full beauty.

You have much power too because Consciousness is connected. The best option would be to be that leader yourself in your own way(s) that calls to you. What you put out has a ripple effect. And accept the rest as it is.

I don't see how I would be able to cope with the worse outcome.

I've already been trying my best to be as optimistic about the future as I possibly can, but the fear and depression in me just feel too strong. A lot of people, including many therapists have said things to me, like "these feelings will pass and that things are always guaranteed to change." I thought at the beginning of last year that everything was going to be alright after Biden became president, Democrats won back control of both chambers of Congress, expected the whole economy to recover completely back normal, and expected that COVID would end last year or earlier this year.

But I have been suffering with depression and anxiety for most of my life and these negative feelings have actually only gotten worse since the end of last year.

Edited by Hardkill

22 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

But I have been suffering with depression and anxiety for most of my life and these negative feelings have actually only gotten worse since the end of last year.

Well like I said you could still aim for something more compatible in the relative, like perhaps immigrating for example, if that's an option. Coz clearly the politics there are incompatible, if I were you I'd still try to move.

22 minutes ago, puporing said:

Well like I said you could still aim for something more compatible in the relative, like perhaps immigrating for example, if that's an option. Coz clearly the politics there are incompatible, if I were you I'd still try to move.

Even if I wanted to move to somewhere else like Canada, it would probably take me more than 2 years for me to move out of the country. 

18 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Even if I wanted to move to somewhere else like Canada, it would probably take me more than 2 years for me to move out of the country. 

If it's worth it to you then it's worth it, only you can decide it.