Danioover9000

Dealing with haters, trolls and critics?

29 posts in this topic

@Loba

9 hours ago, Loba said:

Hmmn... well... I have delt with this in the past.  And I might have one now, but it's too soon to tell.
My solution at this point is to see where I am at with myself.  I am obviously trying so hard to grow, to change, to be sincere - that if someone trolls me, it isn't a reflection of me anymore.  I've let it go.  Maybe there was, at one time - I could see how this would have been warranted due to my actions - but they're tempered and I try.  Very hard.

So it then becomes a complete reflection of that person's inability to See me and meet me where I am at.  I change every day.  When people troll you, or hate on you, it is because they have taken a snapshot of you.  People who do this will keep you in one frame for as long as it suit them.  It never was about you and never will be.  You could be completely different a week later, and if they were open, they would See this.

In which case, it simply shows the hater/trolls inability to change/grow with others.  And that isn't your problem, is it?

Hope that helps. 

Thanks for sharing how you deal with them; it does help a bit.

5 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Ulax

My guess is, she's around stage orange to green in values, her cognitive development is at a faster pacing, look at how she speaks and how she gestures a lot, her moral development I'm not sure, but she isn't a moral absolutist, nor is she a moral relativist, somewhere in between. Her psychology and personality traits I guess is she's more extroverted than introverted although she did say she was shy and introverted when as a child, more open minded than closed, more conscientious, more agreeable than disagreeable, maybe even narcissistic herself, given how personally she's taking the hate comments and is uncomfortable with her image Self Image being attacked like that. Don't know much about her life experiences, other than her name being Kelsey Rodriguez, her last name sounding Mexican gives me the impression most of her life experiences are in Mexico with some traditionalist type of upbringing, never mind she said her parents are addicts as fuck and is raised mostly my grandparents.

@Danioover9000 Ngl I'm confused af. Who are you talking about?

I will add I was talking about the psychology of trolls and haters, not any of the people in the videos. 

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax

8 hours ago, Ulax said:

@Danioover9000 In my opinion, a lot of these folks will have cluster B personality disorders, and perhaps sociopathy/ psychopathy.

I think they are all just trying to meet their needs, and their cluster B/ sociopathic/ psychopathic needs meeting strategies match well with devaluing youtubers. I think Dr Ramani's narcissism glossary series on youtube and also her stuff on strategies for dealing with them can be really useful. I will note she seems to be quite hostile against cluster B/ sociopathic/ psychopathic folks, so wouldn't say she's stage yellow.

But ye, I think folks need a specific strategy for dealing with those types of people because, to my understanding, their minds operate in a markedly different ways from the average person, and they can be v dangerous. Erich Fromm wrote some stuff about malignant narcissistic PD and how it relates to leaders that commit major atrocities.

That psychology YouTube Channel? It's pretty decent.

Just now, Danioover9000 said:

@Ulax

That psychology YouTube Channel? It's pretty decent.

@Danioover9000 Oh Ramani. You really found a source that said her real name is Kelsey Rodriguez? I'm shocked

Be-Do-Have

@Ulax

Just now, Ulax said:

@Danioover9000 Ngl I'm confused af. Who are you talking about?

I will add I was talking about the psychology of trolls and haters, not any of the people in the videos. 

Woops, I was talking about the woman in the video. I'm just comparing myself to her, and that the hate or troll comments, to me, aren't as affecting as it is for her. I guess it's because half of them happen to be personal in her life. When I was much younger, I used to deal with hate and trolls, and their energy rubbed off on me, so I was able to take on sarcastic or dark humor and roll with it sometimes.

@Ulax

2 minutes ago, Ulax said:

@Danioover9000 Oh Ramani. You really found a source that said her real name is Kelsey Rodriguez? I'm shocked

The Kelsey Rodriguez is the name of the art YouTube Channel I posted in the beginning. I'm just guessing that's her real name, and I could be wrong, given how she looks to me is unusual to have a Mexican name like that. Assumptions on my part.

Side tangent, I know she's a relatively new YouTube Channel, but WTF? Why did the guy on the video really wants to collaborate with her???Also his response video to her hate and trolls video, he's being too nice that I sometimes feel it's forced politeness.

@Danioover9000 Lmao loving the apparent mutual confusion between us.

lol ye i get u re the dark humour. Been there myself.

I haven't actually watched the vids tho, so won't comment on them.

Be-Do-Have

There's power in simply ignoring trolls. If you block and ignore them, they don't really exist in your world. 

Or, as long as you don't engage with them directly, you can use their comments in your own content to mock them and use it as a springboard to a topic for your content, i.e., "Here's a typical troll who doesn't get that... etc."

"taking the high road": ignore them completely

"not taking the high road": troll the trolls?

Not that I do this anymore, but there was something kind of amusing about someone talking about how you're such shit, and being like... "yup." Like just going along with their premise and running around in circles with them for a bit until you get bored. Or they get bored. Whatever.

Edited by eos_nyxia