EdgeGod900

How to increase the time spent in a highly conscious state?

6 posts in this topic

The consciousness feeling I get from an hour of meditation seems to only, for about, last 1-2 hours and then I'm back to being unconscious.

I want this feeling to be ideally 24/7, any thoughts?

I've been doing "do nothing" consistently, sleeping consistently, and other good habits, but I'm not satisfied with the benefits I'm getting.

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

It is like going to the gym to develop that special muscle. The more you do it, the better, more often will stay in this moment rather than in your thoughts. 
I am studying sleep yoga now. I had about twenty lucid dreams so far….Becoming aware in your dreams helps to retain awareness in the walking state and vice versa, these are interconnected.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

You might want to try some new techniques to see if they are more powerful than the “do nothing” technique. The simple and 100% accurate advice on how to stay in higher consciousnesses states is to get into them more often. You want to use whatever method, technique, substance, or combination of those which allows you to healthily and sustainably get into radical states as often as possible. The more you do this, the higher chance you will reach the point of a permanent shift in baseline awareness and perceptual capabilities. This is the barebones, zero dogma or bias way of looking at this process. 

If I were to suggest something based on my own bias and experience, I’d recommend doing vipassana and looking directly into the three characteristics perceptually. Great starting points for this would be reading Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha by Daniel Ingram and Rob Burbea’s Seeing that Frees: Meditations on Emptiness and Dependent Arising

Vipassana and meditation for most people will not be enough to reach significant and radical alterations/improvements to baseline awareness. For those without crazy motivation, discipline, and talent, psychedelics and a myriad of other techniques from other traditions might be needed to make truly noteworthy and rare levels of progress. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization. 

If you want consciousness 24/7 then be conscious when doing other activities also. 

@BipolarGrowth Alright so different techniques. I'll keep the "do nothing",  but I'll only do it for 20 mins and then the 40 minutes will be spent on other meditations (Mindfulness meditation or Vipasanna)

Also,I remembered asking "How to do Vipasanna" before and so many people gave so many references that I didn't know where to start. I ordered the one by Daniel Ingram and then might get Burbea's in the future.

Thanks for the recommendations by the way.

God likes to cosplay as a human O.o xDxD

@EdgeGod900 Great to see you take the suggestions seriously. MCTB is available for free on MCTB.org as well which makes it convenient to read on the go. 

If you find yourself having questions about how to perform the techniques or integrate the insights produced from them, feel free to send me a PM. I am happy to help. 

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization.