Waves

Share your favorite Audiobooks

5 posts in this topic

I know similar posts have been created in the past about this topic, but I thought of doing an updated version. I have several Audible credits to spend so that I can interrupt the subscription (already paused it), which I have been running for too long.

I’m looking for quality audiobooks, preferably not too complex and long or heavily spiritual/metaphysical, that flow nicely, and that aren’t filled with exercises. I’m happy to check out books unrelated to self-help, unless you have some really good ones that aren’t on Leo’s booklist.

My current interests involve embodiment, emotional mastery, health, being a creator, building the foundations of an amazing life, art, history, etc. but feel free to share whatever you have found interesting.

Alright, I'll go first:

• Practicing the Power of Now - You know who ;)
  • In Defense of Food  - Michael Pollan (understanding the food system)
  • The Align Method - Aaron Alexander (align and harmonize mind and body with simple practices and lifestyle changes)
  • The Art of Extraordinary Confidence - Dr. Aziz Gazipura

I don’t know but I’m enjoying David Hawkins and Alan Watts. 

In Tate we trust

"Communion with God" by Neale Donald Walsch. It's about 6 hrs long and read by three individuals. Contains an explanation of the illusions of humans - a concept that previously mentioned in "Conversations with God", also by the same author and also a recommended audiobook.

Note: it is kind of heavy on metaphysics and on the concept of God but very empowering and interesting. When I listened to it - the time flew by.

"Journey of Souls" by Dr. Michael Newton. His first book and follows the journey of the soul as presented by thousands of hypnosis induced patients which were regressed to the "between lives state". The book heavily relies on the concept of reincarnation.

Enjoy!

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Here's my book list notsure if all of them are audiobooks

1.50 Psychology classics, 2.Jung Simplified; you get a great overview of the field with the best ideas and the greatest psychologist of all time
3.Art of Stopping time; time management, mindfulness, stoicism, zen and life contemplation
4.100 Universal Art Principles, 5.Design is Story Telling; good aesthetic baseline, story telling baseline and communication baseline
6.Josh Kaufman Business MBA; Like the above but for business, also excellent negotiation, marketing and sales
7.Principles Ray Dalio; How to understand everything in the world
8.Living the 80/20 Way 9.80/20 Principle and 92 Other Powerful Laws, 9.5. 16X (this book is a 40 page pamphlet); Understanding the most important mental model of the 80/20 principle
10.Instant Science: Most important scientific concepts of all time
11.The Alchemist; Inspiration, fun, quick and easy to read
12.101 Things You Didn’t Know About Leonardo Da Vinci; The GOAT human being
13.150 Ideas That Changed the World Daniel Smith, great overview of all aspects of humanity, philosophy, psychology, science, medicine and history
14.Mastery, just like principles, the principles of mastering something which is one of the most important things for living a full life as all of the 10 fold goals are manifestations of this (or high levels of achievement anyways)
15.Kybalion
16.10 Commandments of Rockstars/Rapstars, principles of success are the same, but you'll see it from a different perspective
17.Tribe of Mentors, same as above, good to see it from ALL fields
18.50 Philosophy Ideas, great overview of the field
19.Little Book of Talent, great way to learn things
20.Chaos a Graphic Guide; butterfly effect
21.Thinking for a Change; how to think effectively
22.Art of Thinking clearly, cognitive biases
23.Napoleon CEO , an amazing look at Napoleon's life and the lessons we can learn from him
24.STAR Principle, investing
25.This Idea is Brilliant, most interesting ideas
26.Power of Your Subconscious Mind, how to think positively
27.50 Main Ideas of Physics Joanne Baker
28.Communication Book; 44 Ideas
29.Power Vs Force David Hawkins
30.Ten Ox Herding Pictures
31.Entrepreneurs Who Changed History (quotes and lifestory of best entrepreneurs)
32.Elizabeth CEO (one of the greatest queens of all time)
33.Catherine CEO (same as above, same series)

Also Jordan Peterson's books/Gospel of Thomas/Matthew/Mark/Luke John in Bible

Edited by 2ndComing