Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Wasting your life is greatest sin?

4 posts in this topic

I just watched this video a few times:

If you're a newbie to personal development, or a novice, when watching this video, what do you think and feel about this 'wasting your life'?

If you're a normie, with some leanings to stage orange/blue, what are your thoughts about this video?

If you're abnormal, if you have a higher value system, cognitively and morally different, if you're more introverted, if you've accessed states of consciousness similar to Leo's, if you have had diverse life experiences of travelling to other places and seeing new people, what are your thoughts and feelings of the video?

After years consuming this content, I see myself disagreeing more and more with some of these ideas.
- Forcing yourself to do stuff: "right action", self-discipline, "you are disrespecting life by not doing the work"... It's a bit like religion, where you must feel guilty when you are not doing "the right thing" (even when I took time to write and dissect my true values, long term goals that I would want to achieve)
- "Life is beautiful", "block your negative thoughts", "you can be in awe just looking at your hands, nature, etc". Toxic positivity. I think life doesn't have a lot of value, but I feel much better when I wake up accepting this and having low expectations.

Like... chill... life is mostly suffering for no good reason. Just do what you want, that's what will feel the best. Everything is in constant decay, let go of trying to make it better. Let go.

I'm nihilistic and cynical I guess, but now I think that's the right way.

Edited by narkuser

As long as you feel happy and fulfilled on your deathbed, I don't think you can consider your life a waste.

For one person, devoting their life to finding a cure for cancer might be their life purpose. For somebody else it'd seem like a waste. Depends on your perspective.

Not everybody wants or needs to live a sattvic, or even disciplined life.

As a condition of its infiniteness, God has to live through every life that could ever possibly exist. Even the heroin addict. Even the dude who just eats Doritos and drinks Mountain Dew while playing World of Warcraft and collecting welfare for his entire life.

Your life is what it is. It's fate. It couldn't be any other way. You literally can't waste your life, you have no other choice than to do what you're going to end up doing.

Why would God punish you, or you punish yourself, for experiencing a necessary aspect of reality? God loves the experience of being a murderer, a rapist, an internet troll, a dictator, a con man. Just as much as being a driven and disciplined ethical person who drinks kale smoothies and helps orphans.

If you aren't going to be what you're destined to be, then who will?

You'll live the grand life of vision and sacrifice next time around.

You couldn't waste your life if you tried. Universal Will won't allow you. The better phrasing is, not maximizing your fullest potential which would be true. But waste? That is literally impossible. Again, you couldn't waste your life if you tried. It is impossible. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86