Vibroverse

Philosophy and Philosopher

7 posts in this topic

This is a question I'm thinking about, what is it that we call philosophy and philosopher, what makes them what they are? 

Maybe this could be of value to you.

You could contemplate the central case methodology of defining things.

I.e. there are two sense of being a philosopher. One version is being a philosopher in the fullest sense. This being the central case of a philosopher. And the other where you are a philosopher, but its a marginal case of being a philosopher, a perversion of being a philosopher. In the same way that someone might say that instant coffee is coffee but it is not coffee in the fullest sense and instead its a perversion of coffee.

So, you could say that anyone who studies multiple books that are seen as being about investigating the nature of reality is a philosopher. However, to be a philosopher in the truest sense you have to question everything and think for yourself. If you do not do so, you are still a philosopher, but you are a perversion of a philosopher, a marginal case of being a philosopher.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

45 minutes ago, Ulax said:

And the other where you are a philosopher, but its a marginal case of being a philosopher, a perversion of being a philosopher. In the same way that someone might say that instant coffee is coffee but it is not coffee in the fullest sense and instead its a perversion of coffee.

Instant coffee is a coffee. So you mean there are better coffes? Because if it is in fuller sense, you have a larger spectrum which you can define the '' is coffee'' and If you know the coffee, can't you show us all the best coffee? 

46 minutes ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

Instant coffee is a coffee. So you mean there are better coffes? Because if it is in fuller sense, you have a larger spectrum which you can define the '' is coffee'' and If you know the coffee, can't you show us all the best coffee? 

Hi @Sucuk Ekmek, I don't quite understand what you are intending to communicate. However, I would like to.

Would you be willing to explain what you are intending to communicate in different words?

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

12 minutes ago, Ulax said:

Hi @Sucuk Ekmek, I don't quite understand what you are intending to communicate. However, I would like to.

Would you be willing to explain what you are intending to communicate in different words?

Wow, process of not understanding is so mind boggling. It requires lots of insight. How do you know that you don't understand. We suppose there are intending things and you know the right one(s) and I know the right ones. We mess up nature of reality and come up  with something. We can go on and say this is not it! or this is not what I meant! But philosopher knows It's always not that or this or what he meant but yeaa it's that! 

That's so amazing and daring in a sense... 

Perhaps this went a bit off but it looks like we are after the intend and we got the theories! 

Perhaps this caused even more confusion but these are my different words lol. 

In my mind one way of discovering the essence of philosophy is by differentiating it from its 'cousins'; that of science and spirituality.

Science is a systematic methodology for understanding how Reality behaves, through the use of observation and measurement.

Spirituality is an exploration of the being mode, and cultivating one's connection to the sacred.

Philosophy in contrast can be thought of as a way to make explicit the maps of  meaning that human beings implicitly use to navigate all aspects of Reality. It's precisely because this aspirations is so broad that philosophy can be relevant to virtually every aspect of human life and society; politics, science, sexuality, religion, etc.

By this understanding, a philosopher is simply someone who practices philosophy.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/