The Mystical Man

The Backrooms

12 posts in this topic

I love the atmosphere of the backrooms:

Forever lost and alone, exploring strange rooms. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

You gotta watch Kane Pixels if you  haven't yet, his videos are basically the Stranger Things of the Backrooms. Most of the canonical lore about the backrooms has come from his content, really develops the story behind what the backrooms is and how it was discovered. 

Here's a playlist of all his Backrooms videos so far:

Shameless plug for a podcast episode I made about how to survive the Backrooms as well:

12 hours ago, Yarco said:

You gotta watch Kane Pixels if you  haven't yet, his videos are basically the Stranger Things of the Backrooms.

I prefer the calm ones without entities and jumpscares.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

I think of backrooms as eerily beautiful, not scary or depressing. I'd love to be forever alone in the backrooms.

While I love the aesthetics I'd never want to be stuck in them. Have you seen Level !/Level Run For Your Life ? That shit's terrifying. 

2 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

I'd love to be forever alone in the backrooms.

With all those monsters and beings waiting for you in the corners?

18 hours ago, Yarco said:

You gotta watch Kane Pixels

That guy is very young and very talented.

Edited by zurew

19 minutes ago, zurew said:

With all those monsters and beings waiting for you in the corners?

No, without them. I prefer poolrooms:

Edited by The Mystical Man

25 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

While I love the aesthetics I'd never want to be stuck in them.

I wouldn't feel stuck. I'd feel happy. Backrooms are my happy place.

This one's cool:

A backrooms video game seems like the obvious thing to create, but I think this concept wouldn't work well as a game. I'd prefer to watch a feature-length found footage movie. Or a TV show would be even better, because you could explore all the infinite possibilities that the backrooms provide.

Edited by The Mystical Man

1 hour ago, KH2 said:

There's a level with a giant, endless pit - and if you fail that level, you fall into that pit, and continue falling FOREVER. Like, people there die from starvation and other causes, and just continue falling.

Imagine just falling forever. How would that even feel like? Can falling endlessly be even clasified as falling?

"Those who jumped are still falling."