Matt23

Career in Athletics, Fitness, Kinesthetic Arts, Sports.

5 posts in this topic

I've been focusing more on fitness and athletics recently and have noticed how much better I feel doing them.  I enjoy a lot just going for runs and really pushing my self; something about that feeling of exhaustion feels good.  

Athletics of some sort, to the point of artistry, combined with nature and being outside I believe.

Growing up, athletics was where I shined most.  I was sort of addicted to basketball.  

In contrast, I do notice that if I go full intellectual and philosophical mode, I become more unstable.  Especially if I don't do some sort of physical activity during the day.  

I can envision me becoming passionate about this area.  I'm good at pushing myself.  I enjoy it.  

Though I also enjoy the philosophical stuff, reading, contemplating, and meditating (more so in the afternoons, and doing activity in the mornings).  

Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. 

If anyone has any good ideas about possible career avenues in this domain, feel free to share.  The more ideas the better... I think.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

There’s lots! Health and fitness coaches, personal trainers etc

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Definitely a living to be made as a health coach.

I was a personal trainer for 5 years. The only way to make good money is by running your own business. Great & rewarding field to get into but you’ve gotta really bust your ass if you wanna make a living doing it. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Massage therapy, personal training, physical therapy. I practice all three on my own business and enjoy them. But I feel that I will be much more satisfied if I start my health/life purpose coaching career. But what I practice now it is enjoyable, does not feel like a grind and it is a good starting ramp for something new, I can slowly move to something else, even channel clients to the new business. 

Thanks ya'll.

I think my comment may be a bit preemptive.  I think I'm sorta realizing that maayyyybbbeee, rather than doing it for an LP, I think I'm just realizing that having physical activity in my life, and treating it as a domain of mastery, even if not the main domain I'm pursuing, is important to me and really influences my degree of happiness and stability.  Just like having a physical routine that's consistent and including not just repetitive activities like weights, but getting physical mastery of the body-mind in a more wholistic sense.  Another way of saying it would be, rather than purely focusing on how much weight and reps, or how long of runs, etc., putting more focus on things like running properly (using the core, good posture, proper foot placement, etc.), pushing my abilities in hand-eye coordination, balance, etc..  Treating it like a professional athlete would.  I think this is coming from how, when I was younger, I did well in the physical domain and could just push my body from sheer will.  But now, I'm noticing my body and injuries are catching up with me, and am wanting to develop a well-rounded foundation of physical mastery, strength, awareness, skill, and ability.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins