Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Edvardas

A Course in Miracles chapter about solipsism?

7 posts in this topic

Text - Chapter 18
The Passing of the Dream

"There is nothing outside you. That is what you must ultimately learn, for it is the realization that the Kingdom of Heaven is restored to you. For God created only this, and he did not depart from it nor leave it separate from himself. The Kingdom of Heaven is the dwelling place of the Son of God, who left not his Father and dwells not apart from him. Heaven is not a place nor a condition. It is merely an awareness of perfect Oneness, and the knowledge that there is nothing else; nothing outside this Oneness, and nothing else within.

What could God give but knowledge of himself? What else is there to give? The belief that you could give and get something else, something outside yourself, has cost you the awareness of Heaven and of your Identity."

ACIM is somewhat cryptic, but using a solipsistic perspective the chapter above is as clear as day. 

I don't know which is true, but I invite you to contemplate:

*Would karma exist if solipsism was true?  Karma implies that you can hurt others and karma definitely exists. On the other hand, the mechanism of karma could be baked into reality even if others don't exist, just to teach yourself that behaving good is good. Even more so, if you hurt someone, it means that you will be hurt in the future, doesn't that intrude upon others free will? Someone will have to do it. On the other hand, I've heard NDEs say that you make contracts on a higher plane with other souls that they will carry out deeds that will hurt you {like blowing you up with an IED, read the implications of the impossible). 

*If you really are the ultimate, then you chose this particular incarnation and set the stage however you wanted with props (others). Does your life situation confirm this? Is your life utmost perfection and the highest love in every corner? Consider the life of the Buddha - being born as a prince, having everything you could ever want - girls, luxuries, status, power and then getting enlightened - that sounds like a plan a God would make for himself to play a fun game. Is your life similar? If no, then why not? You forget when you incarnate, so why would you live out a life that is trash or nothing exciting, if you can use this perfect mechanism of forgetfulness to live out the most enjoyable dreams for an eternity? 

In addition, Leo said that he is conscious that he wrote every book. My question is - did you remember the writing of every book, or because of the implication of solipsism you believe that you did? If its the latter, than you probably fooled yourself. 

Edited by Edvardas

22 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

In addition, Leo said that he is conscious that he wrote every book. My question is - did you remember the writing of every book, or because of the implication of solipsism you believe that you did? If its the latter, than you probably fooled yourself. 

You're not getting how radical this is.

I didn't write every book.

You did!

Actually, there's no such thing as books. You imagined them.

;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

30 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

*Would karma exist if solipsism was true?  Karma implies that you can hurt others and karma definitely exists. On the other hand, the mechanism of karma could be baked into reality even if others don't exist, just to teach yourself that behaving good is good. Even more so, if you hurt someone, it means that you will be hurt in the future, doesn't that intrude upon others free will? Someone will have to do it. On the other hand, I've heard NDEs say that you make contracts on a higher plane with other souls that they will carry out deeds that will hurt you {like blowing you up with an IED, read the implications of the impossible). 

You can't do anything good if you get punished for the opposite. That's not unconditional love, that's just reward and punishment, it's conditional. God does not employ invisible punishments, even if you do the most horrific things a human could do. God gives freedom, not rules for how you should live your life. Selflessness and love is a choice that doesn't necessitate a reward, and selfishness is also a choice that doesn't necessitate a punishment.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Very good lesson from ACIM. Contemplate it deeply.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Edvardas said:

Text - Chapter 18
The Passing of the Dream

"There is nothing outside you. That is what you must ultimately learn, for it is the realization that the Kingdom of Heaven is restored to you. For God created only this, and he did not depart from it nor leave it separate from himself. The Kingdom of Heaven is the dwelling place of the Son of God, who left not his Father and dwells not apart from him. Heaven is not a place nor a condition. It is merely an awareness of perfect Oneness, and the knowledge that there is nothing else; nothing outside this Oneness, and nothing else within.

What could God give but knowledge of himself? What else is there to give? The belief that you could give and get something else, something outside yourself, has cost you the awareness of Heaven and of your Identity."

ACIM is somewhat cryptic, but using a solipsistic perspective the chapter above is as clear as day. 

I don't know which is true, but I invite you to contemplate:

This does not contradict Solipsism at.  All others are imagined by You.

1 hour ago, Edvardas said:

*If you really are the ultimate, then you chose this particular incarnation and set the stage however you wanted with props (others). Does your life situation confirm this? Is your life utmost perfection and the highest love in every corner? Consider the life of the Buddha - being born as a prince, having everything you could ever want - girls, luxuries, status, power and then getting enlightened - that sounds like a plan a God would make for himself to play a fun game. Is your life similar? If no, then why not? You forget when you incarnate, so why would you live out a life that is trash or nothing exciting, 

The twist comes at the end.  Half way through the movie you may think it's trash.  But you may be shaking your head in awe as you walk out the theater.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Thank you for the replies :) 

This morning I purchased a book in which the author talks with materialized ascended masters, who are apparently what we knew as ministers when Jesus was alive - Saint Thomas and Saint Thaddaeus, although they go by different names now, Arten and Pursah. They mostly discuss ACIM, the life of Jesus (shortened to J in the text) and clarify some concepts. I save quotes that seem most significant and I want to share them, perhaps others will benefit:

ARTEN: There is no Saint Paul, not really, or anyone else — including J — except in a dream. There’s nobody out there. There is only one Son of God, and you’re It. You’ll get it, but it takes years of practice to really experience it. You have to want it, but I know you do.
Renard, Gary R.. The Disappearance of the Universe (p. 46).

PURSAH: He never cursed a tree and killed it, never got angry and knocked over the tables in the temple, but he did heal a few people who were already dead. Also, his body died on the cross, but he did not suffer as you would imagine. As for his way of being, mere words cannot do him justice. To be in his presence was an experience so unique it gave you a feeling of wonder. His peace and unalterable love were so total that sometimes people couldn’t stand it and they had to look away. His attitude was so calm and sure it made you want to know how he did it. Those of us who spent a lot of time with him and, as in my case, got to speak in private with him, were inspired by his complete faith in God.
Renard, Gary R.. The Disappearance of the Universe (p. 49)

Fear was not a part of him. His attitude was the same as if you were having a dream last night asleep in your bed, except you were totally aware of the fact that you were dreaming. And because you knew you were dreaming, you also knew that absolutely nothing in the dream could possibly hurt you, because none of it was true; you realized you were merely observing symbolic images, including people, who weren’t really there. J used to tell me when we were alone that the world was just an insignificant dream, but most people weren’t ready to accept such an idea because their contrary experience was so strong. He then stressed that knowing the world is an illusion is not enough. The Gnostics and some early Christians called the world a dream; the Hindus call it maya and the Buddhists call it anicca, all meaning pretty much the same thing. But if you don’t know the purpose of the dream and how to reinterpret the images you are seeing, which is something we’ll get into later, then the general teaching that the world is an illusion is of very limited value. However, he also said the time would come when the Holy Spirit would teach people all things — which is something we hope to contribute to by sharing some of J’s newer teachings with you — and that everyone would know only God is real. Sometimes at the end of a conversation with me he would just say, “God is,” and walk away. 

Renard, Gary R.. The Disappearance of the Universe (pp. 49-50). 

One of the other things about him that’s rarely mentioned is that he had an excellent sense of humor. He was quite irreverent. He liked to laugh and bring out the joy in others. GARY: And he was totally awake? ARTEN: Yes, but let’s be very clear about what we mean by that. We’re not saying he was more awake in the dream, we’re saying he had awakened from the dream. That’s not just a minor distinction, Gary. Indeed, being more seemingly awake in the dream is what passes for enlightenment among very many, but that’s not what we’re teaching. You can teach a dog to be more alert and impressive and to live its so-called life to the fullest, and almost any human can be taught to raise his consciousness. You can always be taught to approach the dream with a clever thought pattern in an attempt to bring about something more, different or better. But our brother J was completely outside of the dream. He wasn’t advocating a way of making your delusion better, or telling you how to strive for self-expression so you won’t die with an unmet potential. Such exercises may temporarily make you feel better, but you’re still building your house upon the sand.

Renard, Gary R.. The Disappearance of the Universe (p. 50). 

J would even agree with some of it, most important that the world is very much like a dream and God did not create it.

Renard, Gary R.. The Disappearance of the Universe (p. 71). Hay House. Kindle Edition.

Don't really comprehend the last quote, if there is just God, then who created or creates the dream? 
There was some further discussion, which clarifies that what God creates is eternal and perfect, so this world cannot be his creation. Perhaps they are talking about the "evil" aspects of the world that get deleted when you realize it's an illusion, but not sure.