vishnusavestheday

Is Chronicling better than Journaling?

5 posts in this topic

I am writing this hoping to attract the attention of those self-actualization journalers on the forum. Maybe I won't, we'll see.

I believe chronicling is better than journaling, but please do tell if you disagree. We can discuss!

I used to do quite a bit of stream of consciousness journaling when I was in my teens. I usually ended up way more off the rails. Sometimes I would walk for hours around my neighborhood until morning still writing notes into my phone about arising ideas. I took it as a game of sorts. I had a mystical vision of some certain insight regarding social behavior or philosophy, then I wrote responding to myself experiencing it. I usually never reread these sort of things.

Now I usually chronicle into my computer the stories surrounding experiences such as this, and they are much more insightful now. I get a greater reflection of who I used to be after endless flashbacks revision my memory. Sometimes in peering (and snooping) other people' s journals I get such a throwaway vibe from many entries. Not everyone is a fantastical devoted writer I see, and I am here expressing this sorrow. 

Hopefully here's a good tip. You remember the sincerity of writing 'feeling' more than you feel writing remembering your sincerity.

That's you.

Because of this, I technically still journal too, but instead, it is written in more poetic terms. Lines, stanzas, rhymes. I get pretty good. Tried singing them aloud with lead guitar progressions to some success too.

thanks xo

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

Thats basically self development but you need to reread it and make it part of who you are otherwise its wasted...

Trap is to just write and not build it in yourself...

If i got you right...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

51 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Thats basically self development but you need to reread it and make it part of who you are otherwise its wasted...

Trap is to just write and not build it in yourself...

If i got you right...

Yes, perfectly. Thanks.

It's an everchanging process. I'm not trippin, I get it. I also used self inquiry journaling. In addition to self inquiry meditation, I used to write down stupid questions until I felt like an idiot. I'm talking hours. I used to have a lot of time to commit to writing, not gonna lie.